MacMahon: Dallas defense drastically improved

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Considering that before the season began everyone was saying the defense would be worse than last year and further considering that defense was dead last, yes I think drastic improvement is appropriate since they are in the upper half of the league rankings.
We didn't start off giving up 400 yards a game, so yes, it is way too early to claim them improved.

Again, let's wait and see where they are by midseason or even later.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We didn't start off giving up 400 yards a game, so yes, it is way too early to claim them improved.

Again, let's wait and see where they are by midseason or even later.
Wait and see! Are you kidding me? :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wait and see! Are you kidding me? :art
:lol

The difference is that that is your approach to all things Cowboys.

I don't need to wait and see on most things. I can form my opinion. :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The difference is that that is your approach to all things Cowboys.

I don't need to wait and see on most things. I can form my opinion. :art
I don't have an opinion about everything. There are some things I care to venture a guess but only if I have some tangible reason to do so. My background never allowed me to make decisions based on speculation or conjecture. That's just the way I was brought up in my careers.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I disagree. A guy can have a couple of shitty plays early and still settle into a good game. Free wasn't nearly as bad as people want to make him sound. He was also consistently great in the running game.
Offensive lineman most important metric is sacks allowed. 2 in a game would extrapolate to 32 in a year. Bad game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Offensive lineman most important metric is sacks allowed. 2 in a game would extrapolate to 32 in a year. Bad game.
So hypothetically an OT could be perfect on every play except 2. Meaning his success rate would be in the high 90% range and in your opinion that would automatically be a bad game? It's amazing how much sack numbers actually have to do with the QB throwing the ball and less to do with the O-line.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Kind of stupid to look at it with tunnel vision like that. If he gives up two sacks on the opening two plays of the game then completely dominates the rest of the game, it's still a bad game? That would be one drive lost, then helping the team to win the rest of the way.

I know that's an extreme example, but just trying to show how you can't look at things so simply.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not sure why, but this made me chuckle. Read it in a retarded voice and see if it has the same results for you.*

*Results may vary.

Retard voice does help. Try adding a little hairlip nasal/lisp to it, too.

Gold.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not sure why, but this made me chuckle. Read it in a retarded voice and see if it has the same results for you.*

*Results may vary.
Try reading it in this voice

Top Bottom