2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Interesting that you know that I never bag on the whorns. I'm picturing a white board up near you with many marks by aggies and no marks by UT signifying how many times I've insulted each program.

I think I use the term "whorns" on a regular basis. I certainly spend time loling at their failure.
No need for a white board its pretty obvious, no big deal I just wondered what or who has caused this angst.

You brought up the aggies when discussing totally different teams most people bring up the horns, its your right to hate whoever you want just interesting that the aggies set you off.

And to tell the truth I think this is the 1st time I have ever seen anybody use whorns.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No need for a white board its pretty obvious, no big deal I just wondered what or who has caused this angst.

You brought up the aggies when discussing totally different teams most people bring up the horns, its your right to hate whoever you want just interesting that the aggies set you off.

And to tell the truth I think this is the 1st time I have ever seen anybody use whorns.
I don't know, maybe years of hearing from weirdos how superior they are in every possible aspect. How bout the terms tceh tard, classless clowns and all the such?

Do you have anyone in the NFC East that you hate worse? I'm sure you dislike them all but have a few that you prefer to give a hard time? Why is that? Anyone every question you on that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Cadets are not soldiers. That is the point. Plenty of them went on to become soldiers though. Props for that and all but that doesn't make them soldiers.
They are preparing to be soldiers. The go to military facilities and train each year'

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't know, maybe years of hearing from weirdos how superior they are in every possible aspect. How bout the terms tceh tard, classless clowns and all the such?

Do you have anyone in the NFC East that you hate worse? I'm sure you dislike them all but have a few that you prefer to give a hard time? Why is that? Anyone every question you on that?
Well yall have Baylor and purple Baylor to measure yourself against now so you should feel better, it's a much more level playing field for you now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree that UT fans are worse (my brother being one of them), but A&M fans are pretty bad, and their traditions are quite hokie. But, I can't say much, we have our fair share of bad fans as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well yall have Baylor and purple Baylor to measure yourself against now so you should feel better, it's a much more level playing field for you now.
I don't think I quite like your tone, pal!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I call them purple aggies, thank you very much.

OSU = sand aggies

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
These are not fake soldiers. I have served with commissioned officers who were A&M ROTC students. I have known several over the years and even today I have friends who have grandchildren who have earned their commission at A&M and served in the anti terrorists wars.
You don't have to make any commitment to the Military to be an A&M "cadet" and wear that silly uniform, same as the dumb ass Citadel. Some go on to serve later, but I've heard it's less than half.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Hey I am not knocking your hate just wanted to get the backstory, no biggie.

I just had never heard anybody hate the aggies more than UT so I knew it must have been something specific .

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You don't have to make any commitment to the Military to be an A&M "cadet" and wear that silly uniform, same as the dumb ass Citadel. Some go on to serve later, but I've heard it's less than half.
It's 42% and that's pretty good.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's one way of looking at it. Another way is they had a military experience and training introduction and decided not to proceed.
Yeah, that's how the fake military works. The real military requires a commitment, one they haven't made and they are showing disrespect to the people who have made those commitments by pretending to be soldiers when they are just spoiled rich kids in a weird frat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, that's how the fake military works. The real military requires a commitment, one they haven't made and they are showing disrespect to the people who have made those commitments by pretending to be soldiers when they are just spoiled rich kids in a weird frat.
I have served and I don't see it that way. To me they made an attempt to see if the military was something they might want to pursue and after a trial decide not to. It doesn't seem to be much different than changing majors in college or changing careers in the working world.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I have served and I don't see it that way. To me they made an attempt to see if the military was something they might want to pursue and after a trial decide not to. It doesn't seem to be much different than changing majors in college or changing careers in the working world.
They try to pass themselves off as being the same as West Point, Annapolis, and Air Force Academy cadets who have made a commitment to serve. It's completely dishonest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They try to pass themselves off as being the same as West Point, Annapolis, and Air Force Academy cadets who have made a commitment to serve. It's completely dishonest.
It's a college not a military academy. It's a trial ball for a student not a prior contractual agreement. Some decide yes some decide no but that doesn't make the trial time any less serious. It just isn't binding.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey I am not knocking your hate just wanted to get the backstory, no biggie.

I just had never heard anybody hate the aggies more than UT so I knew it must have been something specific .
Well if you grew up near those weirdos you have heard a bunch of UT hate. If you grew up near Tech you
would hear both. In my experience the aggroid hate is more extreme. It was at least until a few years ago.

It is all a matter of experience. In the wise words of jiggy (loosely paraphrased), "what experience do you have with growing up in that part of town?"

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's a college not a military academy. It's a trial ball on for a student not a prior contractual agreement. Some decide yes some decide no but that doesn't make the trial time any less serious. It just isn't binding.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether pretending to be in the military when you're not is offensive, or whether dressing up as a fake soldier and calling yourself a Cadet when you're not in the military constitutes that. IMO, anyone not in the real military who dresses up as a soldier other than for Halloween, is full of shit. I never was in the military and out of respect for the people who did serve I would never pretend to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom