Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Cowboys v Titans| 09/14/14

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jesus. The refs are doing everything in their power to fuck the Colts.

jootep

Brand New Member
Oh well.

The refs helped out the Eagles and the Colts proceeded to bend over and take it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fucking Colts

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fucking Colts
Fucking refs. Most of the time bitching about them is kind of ticky tack, but this was painfully obvious. They call that blatant pass interference, and the Colts run off more time, and go up by at least ten.

Game over.

Carl

RIP Brother
Fucking refs. Most of the time bitching about them is kind of ticky tack, but this was painfully obvious. They call that blatant pass interference, and the Colts run off more time, and go up by at least ten.

Game over.
Those two back to back calls were very poor, as were the two calls where colts ran twice back to back on their last possession.

Eagles are 2-0 with a sub-standard QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe the NFC East isn't as weak as initially thought. The Redskins under Cousins are a different team and Philly has come from behind twice. The Giants are the whipping boy so far but I don't expect that to hold up all season. May be a tough ride in the division.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Those two back to back calls were very poor, as were the two calls where colts ran twice back to back on their last possession.

Eagles are 2-0 with a sub-standard QB.
There is few complete teams in the NFL. Cincy, Denver and Seattle are closest, and each of them are vulnerable as has been demonstrated this season. I'd love to watch someone run the ball up Seattle's asses. Green Bay showed it can be done, and then they abandoned it for no reason at all.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Maybe the NFC East isn't as weak as initially thought. The Redskins under Cousins are a different team and Philly has come from behind twice. The Giants are the whipping boy so far but I don't expect that to hold up all season. May be a tough ride in the division.
No.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I keep coming back to that screen pass to Witten that almost put Tenn up by 1 and would have turned the game completely around.

I want to say that its about time the ball bounced our way, but then I think it's those cute calls that have lost us games in the past. There should be no call in the playbook that has Witten catching a screen pass, it makes me think that Garret will never get out of his own way to win anything of significance.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Witten has no business catching a screen pass. I'd prefer my guys on the receiving end of a screen to at least have a hint of speed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I keep coming back to that screen pass to Witten that almost put Tenn up by 1 and would have turned the game completely around.

I want to say that its about time the ball bounced our way, but then I think it's those cute calls that have lost us games in the past. There should be no call in the playbook that has Witten catching a screen pass, it makes me think that Garret will never get out of his own way to win anything of significance.
Exactly.

The audible was dumb, but I said the same thing on gameday in that the play should not even exist to be audibled to.

Witten does not possess any of the traits that you want in a player who is the target on a screen play: quickness, acceleration, speed, agility, and elusiveness.

So we need to stop with that stupid play.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Exactly.

The audible was dumb, but I said the same thing on gameday in that the play should not even exist to be audibled to.

Witten does not possess any of the traits that you want in a player who is the target on a screen play: quickness, acceleration, speed, agility, and elusiveness.

So we need to stop with that stupid play.
Romo has 2 passes a game when he throws to Witten with no hope of converting its like he thinks he can create something after the catch.

I know Escobar is meat to most around these parts, but he needs to start getting some of Witten's targets.He caught everything thrown to him in preseason and we need to see if can actually be a consistent weapon in this offense.

But that would mean breaking up the bromance and that's never going to happen.

D

Deuce

Witten has no business catching a screen pass. I'd prefer my guys on the receiving end of a screen to at least have a hint of speed.
It's like the Keyshawn Johnson reverse. Nobody expects it...though it will still only get about 3 yards.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A Jason Witten screen, while not a great idea to gain lots of yards, is about as egregious as the Keyshawn reverse. Not likely to lose you a game either unless the execution is poor, ie, if Keyshawn fumbled.

If that's the biggest complaint then there's not much to complain about.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Witten absolutely saved the day on that play, punching the ball our of Pollards mitts. Pollard was soooo gone for 6.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Jason Witten screen, while not a great idea to gain lots of yards, is about as egregious as the Keyshawn reverse. Not likely to lose you a game either unless the execution is poor, ie, if Keyshawn fumbled.

Is it worth the risk of the screw up when the potential reward is so little? Nothing I hate more then to turn the ball over on a play that has almost no likelihood of significant success.

Carp

DCC 4Life

It is getting way too cute when you don't have to.

Top Bottom