Machota: DT Coleman injures left calf while lifting weights

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dallas Cowboys rookie DT Davon Coleman injures left calf while lifting weights

By Jon Machota

jmachota@dallasnews.com
5:06 pm on September 16, 2014 |

IRVING – A little over a week after starting against the San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys rookie defensive tackle Davon Coleman was walking around the Valley Ranch locker room on crutches.

Coleman didn’t get injured during Sunday’s 26-10 victory in Tennessee. He strained his left calf muscle while doing squats in the weight room on Monday.

“I shouldn’t be out that long, just doing whatever [head athletic trainer Jim Maurer] wants me to do and get back as soon as possible,” Coleman said. “It’s nothing too serious.”

Coleman, who is hopeful that he can still play Sunday, has been on the field for 53 defensive snaps, recording three tackles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sucks, this guy was getting pressure in the pre-season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sucks, this guy was getting pressure in the pre-season.
Feh. The only drawback is that if he is out, which I expect, I don't think we have anyone else in the roster capable of giving Melton the breathers he needs.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Feh. The only drawback is that if he is out, which I expect, I don't think we have anyone else in the roster capable of giving Melton the breathers he needs.
You can let Bishop rotate in more and play McClain at the 3 or even give Crawford some more reps on nickel like they did against Tenn.

He had been giving us quality reps so it will hurt the depth.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom