2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether pretending to be in the military when you're not is offensive, or whether dressing up as a fake soldier and calling yourself a Cadet when you're not in the military constitutes that. IMO, anyone not in the real military who dresses up as a soldier other than for Halloween, is full of shit. I never was in the military and out of respect for the people who did serve I would never pretend to be.
I can agree to disagree. I do it all the time. :art

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether pretending to be in the military when you're not is offensive, or whether dressing up as a fake soldier and calling yourself a Cadet when you're not in the military constitutes that. IMO, anyone not in the real military who dresses up as a soldier other than for Halloween, is full of shit. I never was in the military and out of respect for the people who did serve I would never pretend to be.
Sorry but I think this is an idiotic stance to take, it's a great program not just at A&M but at any of the SMC's. It gives young men and women structure and discipline and if anything it teaches them to have more respect for the military.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well if you grew up near those weirdos you have heard a bunch of UT hate. If you grew up near Tech you
would hear both. In my experience the aggroid hate is more extreme. It was at least until a few years ago.

It is all a matter of experience. In the wise words of jiggy (loosely paraphrased), "what experience do you have with growing up in that part of town?"
I thought it might be geographical did not know about that areas hate level for the aggies.

But I will say this after some recollection the few aggies that I have worked with do seem to be on the smug side.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
They try to pass themselves off as being the same as West Point, Annapolis, and Air Force Academy cadets who have made a commitment to serve. It's completely dishonest.
I did not know this was happening if so I agree completely, its laughable to compare themselves to the service academies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston has been suspended for the first half of Saturday's game against Clemson after he was seen shouting an obscene sexual phrase on campus Tuesday.

FSU interim president Dr. Garnett S. Stokes and athletics director Stan Wilcox denounced Winston's "offensive and vulgar" behavior in a statement Wednesday to announce the punishment .

"As the university's most visible ambassadors, student-athletes at Florida State are expected to uphold at all times high standards of integrity and behavior that reflect well upon themselves, their families, coaches, teammates, the Department of Athletics and Florida State University," the joint statement said. "Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

The joint statement also said Winston would undergo "internal discipline."

On Tuesday, Florida State students began flooding Twitter as several witnessed the reigning Heisman Trophy winner allegedly stand on a table in or in the immediate vicinity of the student union and yell obscenities, mimicking a popular Internet video. The phrase is of a sexual nature.

"It was not a good decision," coach Jimbo Fisher said of the incident during Wednesday's ACC teleconference. "You can't make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory to any person, race or gender. You have to understand that. You have to be very intelligent about what you say, (because) it matters."

The No. 1 Seminoles host No. 22 Clemson at 8 p.m. ET Saturday on ABC.

"We're deciding. We're talking and things [are] going on right now," Fisher said of Winston's status before the punishment was announced. "It's not something that we want or are indicative of. And it's not a good decision. It was something that had to be addressed."

Winston was investigated in 2013 for sexual assault. Ultimately, Willie Meggs, the state attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit, chose not to charge Winston in December.

Fisher said he has addressed the incident with Winston, who has been embroiled in controversy for his off-the-field incidents.

"You don't ever want any kind of instances, but we have to keep learning and educating, we have to make better decisions, we have to make good decisions on things," Fisher said. "And we'll try to continue to do that and try to educate.

"... The statements in which you make are always going to be more public than statements that other individuals make. That's just the nature of the business, of who you are and what you are."

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wonder what constitutes an obscene sexual phrase?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston has been suspended for the first half of Saturday's game against Clemson after he was seen shouting an obscene sexual phrase on campus Tuesday.

FSU interim president Dr. Garnett S. Stokes and athletics director Stan Wilcox denounced Winston's "offensive and vulgar" behavior in a statement Wednesday to announce the punishment .

"As the university's most visible ambassadors, student-athletes at Florida State are expected to uphold at all times high standards of integrity and behavior that reflect well upon themselves, their families, coaches, teammates, the Department of Athletics and Florida State University," the joint statement said. "Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

The joint statement also said Winston would undergo "internal discipline."

On Tuesday, Florida State students began flooding Twitter as several witnessed the reigning Heisman Trophy winner allegedly stand on a table in or in the immediate vicinity of the student union and yell obscenities, mimicking a popular Internet video. The phrase is of a sexual nature.

"It was not a good decision," coach Jimbo Fisher said of the incident during Wednesday's ACC teleconference. "You can't make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory to any person, race or gender. You have to understand that. You have to be very intelligent about what you say, (because) it matters."

The No. 1 Seminoles host No. 22 Clemson at 8 p.m. ET Saturday on ABC.

"We're deciding. We're talking and things [are] going on right now," Fisher said of Winston's status before the punishment was announced. "It's not something that we want or are indicative of. And it's not a good decision. It was something that had to be addressed."

Winston was investigated in 2013 for sexual assault. Ultimately, Willie Meggs, the state attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit, chose not to charge Winston in December.

Fisher said he has addressed the incident with Winston, who has been embroiled in controversy for his off-the-field incidents.

"You don't ever want any kind of instances, but we have to keep learning and educating, we have to make better decisions, we have to make good decisions on things," Fisher said. "And we'll try to continue to do that and try to educate.

"... The statements in which you make are always going to be more public than statements that other individuals make. That's just the nature of the business, of who you are and what you are."
This is actually just kids being kids. Anyone else yells this and it's funny and everyone moves on.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is actually just kids being kids. Anyone else yells this and it's funny and everyone moves on.
He is not just anyone else though. Also, I don't think everyone just thinks it is funny and moves on regardless of who it was. You can't act like that in a big crowd no matter who you are. Not to mention, Winston is a guy who has a much debated sexual assault allegation brought up against him...incredibly poor taste and stupid on his part.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fuck her right in the pussy.
Is Fuck, Right or Pussy obscene by itself? Or do you have to combine them all? Words are just words and he wasn't even directing them towards anyone. Sorry, just don't think this is really offensive other then the fact he used curse words.

D

Deuce

Is Fuck, Right or Pussy obscene by itself? Or do you have to combine them all? Words are just words and he wasn't even directing them towards anyone. Sorry, just don't think this is really offensive other then the fact he used curse words.
1. I believe "pussy" is considered obscene pretty much everywhere.

2. I have a hard time believing he would make that statement and not be directing it at anyone in particular. Unless he was quoting a song, which if he were he would have just said so.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
1. I believe "pussy" is considered obscene pretty much everywhere.

2. I have a hard time believing he would make that statement and not be directing it at anyone in particular. Unless he was quoting a song, which if he were he would have just said so.
"Fuck her right in the pussy" was a fake video that turned into a meme, with a few people shouting it on live news broadcasts. It is now dead, because Jameis Winston climbed onto a table and yelled it.

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-yells-fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy-kil-1635466887

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oh for fuck sakes, this is offensive, quit being a lawyer for a minute and think about it. Are you that big of a moron that you don't understand what he meant by Fuck her right in the pussy? I'm not outraged by this, but I find it pretty fucking stupid that you look for some kind of loophole to make this ok. It isn't at all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:unsure
So he's going to fall to the 5th pick?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh for fuck sakes, this is offensive, quit being a lawyer for a minute and think about it. Are you that big of a moron that you don't understand what he meant by Fuck her right in the pussy? I'm not outraged by this, but I find it pretty fucking stupid that you look for some kind of loophole to make this ok. It isn't at all.
Stupid sure, but I think you forget what it's like to be a 20 year old college kid who isn't breaking the law in any fashion what so ever. Hell Greg Olsen and his seventh floor crew said way more offensive stuff in their "raps." The funny thing is I know exactly what he meant by it, I'm just wondering if any of you old folks have any idea. Hell the lady on ESPN earlier today was referring to the video as being a "memo."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom