Archer: How the Cowboys were built

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
As I posted elsewhere, the 2013 and 2014 drafts are two huge reasons we went 12-4.

But 2012 and 2009 are proof that Crazy Jerry still rules the roost, and serious gambling on injured players in the second round in both 2010 and 2011 has helped make our defense the inconsistent mess it is.
Injuries haven't been Carter's biggest problem. He's missed 4 games in 2 years, but his biggest problem is that he's played poorly. I agree, though, we're gambling with injuries instead of discounting the players correctly.

We had Navorro Bowman rated as a 1st rounder and drafted Lee instead. Seems like, considering they were 1 and 2 on our board at the time we probably should have bumped Bowman above Lee, unless Bowman had some injuries in college I'm not aware of.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Injuries haven't been Carter's biggest problem. He's missed 4 games in 2 years, but his biggest problem is that he's played poorly. I agree, though, we're gambling with injuries instead of discounting the players correctly.

We had Navorro Bowman rated as a 1st rounder and drafted Lee instead. Seems like, considering they were 1 and 2 on our board at the time we probably should have bumped Bowman above Lee, unless Bowman had some injuries in college I'm not aware of.
And they compounded their risk by trading up for Dez and a second time for Lee. Easily could have had Dez Bryant, Navorro Bowman, and another 4th round pick. They could have traded down and still gotten Bowman.

Top Bottom