Mayock Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you think we will finish tonight?
It's not likely. Not with how long it's taking to get picks in for absentee GMs.

cmd34

Brand New Member
I've done a million of these things ..at the world famous DCU, the sheep zone, other forums. Absentee GM's are the worst. Have you guys considered maybe doing one round per day and narrowing the hours each day?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've done a million of these things ..at the world famous DCU, the sheep zone, other forums. Absentee GM's are the worst. Have you guys considered maybe doing one round per day and narrowing the hours each day?
Not a bad idea since there is really no time constraint.

Cotton

Staff member
I really don't think there is a good answer to absentee GMs. Outside of not letting them participate in the next year's draft and on a small board that isn't really an option.

cmd34

Brand New Member
I really don't think there is a good answer to absentee GMs. Outside of not letting them participate in the next year's draft and on a small board that isn't really an option.
You could have something tied to donations like a fine system. I just think by narrowing it down to a round a day it might be easier for people to commit.

One year I ran it like a drill sergeant and we had something like 1st round picks 1 through 16 are Monday from 9 AM to 1 PM, picks 17 through 32 are 4 PM to 8 PM. Each day, followed the same pattern. I threatened to kill about 15 people but we got through the mock in time.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
A set timetable might be an option. Pick X will be Monday from 8:00 to 8:15 regardless of when the previous is sent in

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I've been juggling work these days, but if I know my pick is at a set time I can set an alarm and excuse myself for a minute to send my pick

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION], did you want me to go off the list you sent in for the second round this morning or are you going to send in a fresh pick?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Let me check it. Give me a sec.

D

Deuce

A set timetable might be an option. Pick X will be Monday from 8:00 to 8:15 regardless of when the previous is sent in
I'm not opposed to setting something like this up for future years. At least people can put an appt time style reminder in their phone and be around.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=9]Cowboysrock55[/MENTION], you're up.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not opposed to setting something like this up for future years. At least people can put an appt time style reminder in their phone and be around.
You are still going to have delays because of getting picks in for the ones that don't show up. Because it's inevitably going to happen. But, I'm not against trying it.

cmd34

Brand New Member
When we did the two segments in one day thing, we also had mandatory lists. It wasn't a big deal since at most you were sending a list of 16 players.

Cotton

Staff member
When we did the two segments in one day thing, we also had mandatory lists. It wasn't a big deal since at most you were sending a list of 16 players.
How did you enforce the mandatory lists?

cmd34

Brand New Member
Also, another thing we did was when someone flaked we had a predetermined value board, like cbspsorts, and the no-show team would automatically get the top player available regardless of position or need. We justified it as no voting or rationalization, and that the actual draft often has picks that don't always make sense.

Cotton

Staff member
Also, another thing we did was when someone flaked we had a predetermined value board, like cbspsorts, and the no-show team would automatically get the top player available regardless of position or need. We justified it as no voting or rationalization, and that the actual draft often has picks that don't always make sense.
Now, this I can definitely get behind. Trying to get people to send in picks is a challenge.

Top Bottom