Archer: Spencer will do 'some football' this week

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spencer will do 'some football' this week

September, 15, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Anthony Spencer's journey back to a football field after microfracture surgery on his left knee last fall is getting closer.

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Spencer will “in some form he’ll do some football,” this week practice. Spencer has not practiced in more than a year after playing in just one game with 34 snaps against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 2.

Spencer has steadily increased his rehab work from the spring through the summer and has not reported any added soreness or complications in his comeback.

“He’s really worked hard and he looks good but he have to be mindful about where he’s coming from and just take it day by day and see how he handles the work,” Garrett said.

The Cowboys kept Spencer on the 53-man roster instead of putting him on the reserve physically unable to perform list because they thought he could be back before the Oct. 12 meeting at the Seattle Seahawks. Had he been placed on PUP, Spencer would have missed the first six games.

Garrett said Spencer could get most of the work on the side with the athletic training staff or go through a limited portion of individual drills. When Spencer returns, Garrett said he would play right defensive end. The Cowboys would work him in slowly as a designated pass rusher in nickel situations as he builds his strength and conditioning.

dallen

Senior Tech
"do some football" - is that an Ivy League term?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am still waiting on him. I hope he makes me look bad and plays by the fourth game. I am still skeptical however.

Top Bottom