User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Keeper League - Input Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Resurrecting this thread again soliciting advice again for this year. Last year, I kept Donaldson, Betts and Soler. Two of the three worked out. Same rules as last year, I can keep three, but you cannot keep players for more than one year.

I picked Carlos Correa up off the waiver wire prior to him getting the call up to the majors for $2, so obviously I'm keeping him. I also have Maikel Franco, Steven Matz, Aaron Nola and Corey Seager for a $1. My only higher dollar draft guy I'm thinking of keeping is Gerrit Cole who I drafted for $22. Main reason I'm considering him is that my starting pitching killed me last year, I think a lot of #1/#2 type pitchers will be kept this year and, as a result, pitching could go for a lot in the draft.

Franco was pretty good until he got hurt. Seager was great at the end of the year and Matz/Nola both look good long term too.

I'm kind of leaning towards Correa and then some combination of Franco, Seager or Cole.

Thoughts?
    Correa is the no-brainer for sure. I would also keep Cole, just because he pretty close to a sure thing and should be worth the price. The decision to me is between Franco and Seager. I would be inclined to keep the guy at the more premium/thin position in Seager but it is a crapshoot since both players are so young and mostly unproven.

I have a keeper question involving Corey Seager as well. This is for my other league, @Deuce. Seager or X. Bogaerts. Really tough call. I know I can trade the other one pretty easily (I have already been approached about it by one owner) but I need to be right about the one I keep. We can keep (6) players as long as we want and all the keepers just basically make up the first 6 rounds of the draft.
    Last edited by E_D_Guapo; 02-16-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    I have a keeper question involving Corey Seager as well. This is for my other league, Deuce. Seager or X. Bogaerts. Really tough call. I know I can trade the other one pretty easily (I have already been approached about it by one owner) but I need to be right about the one I keep. We can keep (6) players as long as we want and all the keepers just basically make up the first 6 rounds of the draft.
    I'm pretty high on Bogaerts as it is and him being a SS would pretty much seal that position for me.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    Correa is the no-brainer for sure. I would also keep Cole, just because he pretty close to a sure thing and should be worth the price. The decision to me is between Franco and Seager. I would be inclined to keep the guy at the more premium/thin position in Seager but it is a crapshoot since both players are so young and mostly unproven.
    That was my line of thinking as well. Franco has a bigger sample size and plays another starting position. Seager would end up being a utility guy/SS backup. Seager was pretty amazing at the end of the year, but has had limited at bats. I worry a little about a sophomore slump once pitchers get a look at him, but he is basically the #1 prospect this year.

So I think it is probably Correa, Cole and Seager/Franco. I think I'm leaning towards Seager as Franco might fly under the radar a bit more than Seager would.

I have one opening in a 12 team roto keeper league if anyone is interested. PM me for more info.

I will once again bump this thread to request advice on my fantasy keeper team.

This is a league where you can keep three guys from your team last year at their acquisition price. You can only keep a player once and then they are back in the draft pool. It is a 6x6 roto with categories being R, RBI, HR, K, SB, OBP (hitting) and K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP and HR allowed (pitching). $260/14 team auction

Here are the guys eligible to keep:
    Rizzo ($40)
    LeMathieu ($5)
    Rendon ($15)
    Trumbo ($8)
    David Dahl ($3)
    Nomar Mazara ($6)
    Zack Britton ($19)
    Edwin Diaz ($8)
    Starling Marte ($27)
    Ryan Braun ($25)
    Blake Snell ($8)