JJT: With Tony Romo behind center, Cowboys believe they can win out

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's true. They'd like to say they "are what they are (3-7)", but they don't believe that. I don't think anyone believes that (Vegas sure doesn't).
Therein lies the heart of the matter. They are not the same team without Romo; they are 3-0 with him, and 0-7 otherwise. So, confidence is warranted, yet the hole has been dug. By the "other" Cowboys team. A tale of two teams, if you will.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Therein lies the heart of the matter. They are not the same team without Romo; they are 3-0 with him, and 0-7 otherwise. So, confidence is warranted, yet the hole has been dug. By the "other" Cowboys team. A tale of two teams, if you will.
Same horse different jockey.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Dallas can beat anyone and everyone they face with Romo behind center and should be favored to win most.

Problem is the margin of error is now zero, unless New York goes 3-3.

That's reality, so IMO the players/coaches/skeletor need to STFU about running tables of any kind.
New York going 3-3 and Philly going all the way into the tank is not unrealistic.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
New York going 3-3 and Philly going all the way into the tank is not unrealistic.
You're right. Washington, Dolphins, Jets, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles. 3-3 is possible, maybe even likely, though the three losses are probably non-divisional leaving the Giants at 4-2 in the division. If we finish 8-8 and sweep Washington, we have to hope the lone loss is to Buffalo or the Jets.

If we finish 8-8 (i.e. go 5-1) with a loss to the Panthers, then the Giants probably win the tie-breaker. For that 8-8 scenario to play out we have to pray for 3-3 and at least one victory from Washington or Philly.

Likely the season is on the line today, just like we thought.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Giants tend to struggle against Philly. I wouldn't say it's likely they finish 4-2 in division.

Top Bottom