Music Thread...

Carp

DCC 4Life
U2 released their new album for free on iTunes...I know not everyone is a fan, I like them quite a bit...anyways, FYI.

Thorn

Brand New Member
U2 released their new album for free on iTunes...I know not everyone is a fan, I like them quite a bit...anyways, FYI.
Thanks for the reminder. Just switched from W8 to a new Macbook Pro. First Apple product I've used - enjoying the album so far, a few songs in.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
My 16 year old wanted me to point out that there is no comparison of the Bowie in the last 30 years:

With the Bowie of 40+ years ago:

Hard to believe Ziggy Stardust was so long ago.
Just because many years ago, I did sport a foot tall blue mohawk.

I only came across the DKs recently, weirdly enough, while trying to enjoy the punk genre. I never paid much attention to it back in the 90s.

D

Deuce

Had this song in my head all weekend after the latest How Did This Get Made podcast. Pure awesomeness. Plus I know that [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] will approve.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Son.Of.A.Bitch.

Frank fucking Stallownz does it again. I'm pretty familiar with his music but I somehow missed this gem.

This is like late 70's meets early 80's. Appropriate in both a Mob movie montage where they're all popping bottles and up to general mischief, or a training scene where a guy gets ready for the upcoming challenge.

Time to go find this scorcher on iTunes.

D

Deuce

Son.Of.A.Bitch.

Frank fucking Stallownz does it again. I'm pretty familiar with his music but I somehow missed this gem.

This is like late 70's meets early 80's. Appropriate in both a Mob movie montage where they're all popping bottles and up to general mischief, or a training scene where a guy gets ready for the upcoming challenge.

Time to go find this scorcher on iTunes.
The movie is from '83. I plan to use it next time at the gym as if it's my only personal training montage Rocky IV style. I'm expecting results.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The movie is from '83. I plan to use it next time at the gym as if it's my only personal training montage Rocky IV style. I'm expecting results.
I do a 3 mile jog 3 times a week.

This evening, I'm playing this song while I go - I'm expecting to hit 5 miles as a result.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do a 3 mile jog 3 times a week.

This evening, I'm playing this song while I go - I'm expecting to hit 5 miles as a result.
With that math all you have to do is run a mile and with the two mile boost from the song you have three miles for the price of one. :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With that math all you have to do is run a mile and with the two mile boost from the song you have three miles for the price of one. :art
:lol

That is true, but the idea is to have Stallownz music motivate me to do more work.

D

Deuce

:lol

That is true, but the idea is to have Stallownz music motivate me to do more work.
Just an FYI, I tested this theory out real quick by playing the song on my phone while I carried a log on my shoulders a mile through the snow. I did it with ease.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just an FYI, I tested this theory out real quick by playing the song on my phone while I carried a log on my shoulders a mile through the snow. I did it with ease.
That's impressive.

My bro-in-law is a pretty big guy, so I'm gonna have him sit in a sled with stones on it and see if I can drag it while I'm crawling.

I'll let you know how it goes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe I should download the song. I could probably make it all the way to the bathroom before I farted.

D

Deuce

Maybe I should download the song. I could probably make it all the way to the bathroom before I farted.
Are you saying that Frank is the Pepto Bismol of 80's music?

I agree. He will cure what ail's you.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sounds like this Stallone borrowed some style and arrangement from "Eye of the Tiger".

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sounds like this Stallone borrowed some style and arrangement from "Eye of the Tiger".
Yup, it's like a combination of the Rocky 3 soundtrack and the Rocky 4 training montage:

It's a winning combination.

Top Bottom