NBA Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Undefeated Rockets. I don't expect that to change.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Undefeated Rockets. I don't expect that to change.
I liked seeing Dwight give him that elbow.

Kobe is a douchebag who initiated that whole thing because he doesn't like Dwight. So since he wanted to act like a pest, he deserved to get swatted.

He can sit there and act like a tough guy all he wants, but if they were actually to come to blows, Dwight would kick his ass.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

It was a very winnable game and it sucks to lose, but I liked what I saw tonight and I think we're gonna have a very good team this season.
I would be on the lookout for a Parsons problem, with what he is getting paid he cannot put up many more stinkers like last night. Too many players on that team getting paid way less than him who might be trying to get there numbers up.

Parsons is also kind of a Diva so it could be easy for him to rub people the wrong way, I was surprised when Carlisle called him out in training camp.

I think Dallas has some talent but I think they will have some real issues defensively.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Should be a somewhat difficult game for the Bulls tonight without Butler and half of the rotation basically being brand new in Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott and Brooks. Doesn't really matter one way or the other though, all that matters is health with this team.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Should be Bulls/Cavs in the East...just depends on what team gets faster. Thibs has never had this much offense to work with, so it should be real interesting how he manages substitution patterns, particularly to close out games. The biggest question will be if he finishes with Gibson or Gasol...Gibson seemed like a closer for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Should be Bulls/Cavs in the East...just depends on what team gets faster. Thibs has never had this much offense to work with, so it should be real interesting how he manages substitution patterns, particularly to close out games. The biggest question will be if he finishes with Gibson or Gasol...Gibson seemed like a closer for him.
Depends on if Gasol can pick up the defense and at least be average on that end. Obviously Gibson and Noah are defensive studs but Gasol brings an offensive skill set that neither of them bring, along with the fact that he's 7-0. He can play with either of the two so if he can pick up the defense he might be on the floor at the end of games more than people expect due to this offensive ability.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Things went from bad to worse for the Lakers.

Julius Randle is out for the season with that broken leg.

I thought this would only be a 3-4 month thing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Things went from bad to worse for the Lakers.

Julius Randle is out for the season with that broken leg.

I thought this would only be a 3-4 month thing.
They are just horrid. Sad to see...NBA is better when the Lakers are relevant, there is nothing on the horizon to make me think things will get better either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sixers starting line up tonight

PG Tony Wroten
SG Hollis Thompson
C Henry Sims
SF Chris Johnson
PF Nerlens Noel

Jesus.

H.

Christ.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Paul Pierce looks like he's lost some weight.

He needed to.

He was starting to put on the middle-aged man weight. Not a good look when you're a star NBA player.

D

Deuce

They are just horrid. Sad to see...NBA is better when the Lakers are relevant, there is nothing on the horizon to make me think things will get better either.
While I normally agree with this, the Lakers need a few years of crap every once in a while. People get tired of the same teams winning so much.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sixers starting line up tonight

PG Tony Wroten
SG Hollis Thompson
C Henry Sims
SF Chris Johnson
PF Nerlens Noel

Jesus.

H.

Christ.
Yeah I watched about 10 minutes of their game and turned away because I barely recognized anyone.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Derrick Rose looking iffy so far.

Sorry, Simp. Looks like the Bulls are missing the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
For about 2 minutes there Hardaway and JR Smith just threw the Triangle offense out the way and went into straight chucker mode.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Derrick Rose looking iffy so far.

Sorry, Simp. Looks like the Bulls are missing the playoffs.
You were saying?

That was about as perfect a first game as possible with contributions from basically everybody except Dunleavy, who I hope is eventually replaced in the starting lineup by McDermott. There are very few teams who will be able to match up with Gasol, Noah and Gibson down low, that's going to be a big problem for alot of teams.

As for Rose, everything except his 3 point shot looked fine to me, he definitely looks further along at this point than he did at the start of the season last year. The good thing is I know he will only improve as we move forward so as long as he stays healthy everything should be fine.

Aaron Brooks is also the kind of signing that wins championships, as odd as that sounds. On the majority of championship teams you have a guy who is basically paid nothing who comes in and brings an added dimension off the bench, or possibly even as a starter, Diaw last year for the Spurs as an example. He looked amazing tonight, he's a natural scorer and is a guy who can run the offense, let Rose rest and bring scoring/offensive creativity on random nights when the rest of the team is flat.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Celtics 82-0? Ok, but Smart is one big PG. Interesting player.
What a great all round game by the entire team. They have pieces to work with going forward. Now just trade Rondo for a superstar and let Smart lead the team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Celtics 82-0? Ok, but Smart is one big PG. Interesting player.
Only if they dont have to play the Rockets. I guess thats not happening for you.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Nerlens
6 pts
10 reb
3 blk

Bad offensively
2-11 FG
2-6 FT

Long way to go on that end, but expected.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You were saying?

That was about as perfect a first game as possible with contributions from basically everybody except Dunleavy, who I hope is eventually replaced in the starting lineup by McDermott. There are very few teams who will be able to match up with Gasol, Noah and Gibson down low, that's going to be a big problem for alot of teams.

As for Rose, everything except his 3 point shot looked fine to me, he definitely looks further along at this point than he did at the start of the season last year. The good thing is I know he will only improve as we move forward so as long as he stays healthy everything should be fine.

Aaron Brooks is also the kind of signing that wins championships, as odd as that sounds. On the majority of championship teams you have a guy who is basically paid nothing who comes in and brings an added dimension off the bench, or possibly even as a starter, Diaw last year for the Spurs as an example. He looked amazing tonight, he's a natural scorer and is a guy who can run the offense, let Rose rest and bring scoring/offensive creativity on random nights when the rest of the team is flat.
I was joking. You really are sensitive about Rose. :lol

I posted that about 3 minutes into the game just to rib you a bit.

Top Bottom