User Tag List

Page 356 of 385 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3842

Thread: Must See Movies

Rogue One

Good flick.....but, on Jedha, they can grab a ship and get out in front of the shock wave, but on Scarif they stagger all the way down from that huge tower to the beach and can't find a fucking ship somewhere to take off on?

Kind of thought Jyn might make it and end up being Rey's grandma or something

Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Rogue One

Good flick.....but, on Jedha, they can grab a ship and get out in front of the shock wave, but on Scarif they stagger all the way down from that huge tower to the beach and can't find a fucking ship somewhere to take off on?

Kind of thought Jyn might make it and end up being Rey's grandma or something
    Nah, She's Luke and Mara Jade's baby girl!

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Nah, She's Luke and Mara Jade's baby girl!
    Who, Rey?

That's just my theory. No basis in fact.

Watching Die Hard earlier today reminded me of something that I've always wondered.

McLane killed a good number of terrorists and had time to search several of the dead bodies. Yet not once did he try to remove a pair of shoes from one of the bodies. Instead he chose to run around barefoot all damn night.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Watching Die Hard earlier today reminded me of something that I've always wondered.

McLane killed a good number of terrorists and had time to search several of the dead bodies. Yet not once did he try to remove a pair of shoes from one of the bodies. Instead he chose to run around barefoot all damn night.
    Europeans historically have small feet?

He was in stealth mode.
    Since Day One

It has been a while since I have seen Die Hard but I am pretty sure he does try to take one of the terrorist's shoes. Maybe the guy from the stairwell who he got the machine gun & cigarettes off of. I think it shows McClane trying them on but they were too small and he made some sort of comment along the lines of 'the only terrorist with feet smaller than my sisters'. I don't remember the exact details of the scene but I am almost sure it went something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    It has been a while since I have seen Die Hard but I am pretty sure he does try to take one of the terrorist's shoes. Maybe the guy from the stairwell who he got the machine gun & cigarettes off of. I think it shows McClane trying them on but they were too small and he made some sort of comment along the lines of 'the only terrorist with feet smaller than my sisters'. I don't remember the exact details of the scene but I am almost sure it went something like that.
    You're right. I forgot about that scene.

Finally saw Rogue One last night. Really liked it.

It finally answered a 39 year old question. Why did the biggest, baddest weapon ever built have such a fatal flaw? One where a single fighter with a well placed shot could set off a chain reaction that would bring the whole thing down. Well, now we know. It was done on purpose. And makes a lot more sense that a disgruntled engineer that was designing the D.S. and a defecting Imperial pilot were the reason why the Rebels knew the weakness. Not just that they "found a weakness" as we were originally told.

Also, that scene where Vader steps out of the darkness and goes apeshit on a hallway full of rebels brought out the 10 year old kid that loved Star Wars in me again. Pure awesomeness by the greatest movie villain of all time.

One thing that bugs me though... In the original Star Wars, when the Death Star fired on Alderaan, the entire planet exploded immediately. In this movie, when it hit it only causes a massive explosion that generates outward. I realize it made for more excitement with the escape in the first one, and more drama with the impending doom for the heroes in the second, but I didn't like that difference.