NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The main point is that he finished a reverse layup, taking off on one side of the lane and finishing on the othe between 3 defenders.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The main point is that he finished a reverse layup, taking off on one side of the lane and finishing on the othe between 3 defenders.
He looks good and I hope he bounces back but are you going to continue to keep getting bent out of shape regarding anything you take as a slight about Rose?

There is no way you felt good about his play in FIBA yet you choose to use 1 highlight to illustrate that somehow I was foolish for questioning him.

I mean what is it with you and Rose?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He looks good and I hope he bounces back but are you going to continue to keep getting bent out of shape regarding anything you take as a slight about Rose?

There is no way you felt good about his play in FIBA yet you choose to use 1 highlight to illustrate that somehow I was foolish for questioning him.

I mean what is it with you and Rose?
And I said he looked fine athletically even during the FIBA tournament. He didn't play well at all, and he usually doesn't play particularly well in international play in the first place, but I think most of that has to do with rust and the fact that he hasn't played professional basketball in basically 2.5 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And I said he looked fine athletically even during the FIBA tournament. He didn't play well at all, and he usually doesn't play particularly well in international play in the first place, but I think most of that has to do with rust and the fact that he hasn't played professional basketball in basically 2.5 years.
You never answered my question?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What question?

What is it with me and Rose?

He's my favorite player on my favorite team, seems pretty obvious.
You have to remember to slow it down for Jiggy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NBA returns tonight. :towel

After last night's pathetic showing, this comes at a good time to get my mind onto something else. Really excited to see what the Mavs look like.

It was only preseason, but I was shocked to see how well Richard Jefferson played. I didn't think he had much left, but he played very well and I'm hoping it carries over into the regular season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Predicting a win vs the Heat for Philly in the opener. Noel probably goes triple double.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As Wilbon and Reali would say.......BAAAAALLLLL NIGHT!

I'm excited. The first month of the season is going to be rough for the Thunder. I honestly think we're going to be under .500 when we hit December.

We have way too many injuries that we're dealing with.

Durant's out until mid-December at best.

Lamb and Reggie Jackson are out and will miss at least the first couple of games. I think they'll be down for a couple of weeks but we'll see.

Perkins has been nursing a quad injury and hasn't played all preseason.

Our prize FA pickup, Anthony Morrow, sprained his MCL last week and will be out 4-6 weeks.

It's so bad the OKC training facility has been converted into a trauma center.

If we come out of November with a .500 record I'll be stoked. But I'm guessing our record will be in that 9-12 range. And that may be a little optimistic.

But once December rolls around it's on. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
What question?

What is it with me and Rose?

He's my favorite player on my favorite team, seems pretty obvious.
The question was why the need to take everything as a swipe at Rose and then go out of your way to prove a point.

Do you actually believe that one play proves anything concerning Rose and his comeback?

Your a better poster than that you know your basketball but when it comes to Rose you go all foam finger its insufferable.:lol

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
As Wilbon and Reali would say.......BAAAAALLLLL NIGHT!

I'm excited. The first month of the season is going to be rough for the Thunder. I honestly think we're going to be under .500 when we hit December.

We have way too many injuries that we're dealing with.

Durant's out until mid-December at best.

Lamb and Reggie Jackson are out and will miss at least the first couple of games. I think they'll be down for a couple of weeks but we'll see.

Perkins has been nursing a quad injury and hasn't played all preseason.

Our prize FA pickup, Anthony Morrow, sprained his MCL last week and will be out 4-6 weeks.

It's so bad the OKC training facility has been converted into a trauma center.

If we come out of November with a .500 record I'll be stoked. But I'm guessing our record will be in that 9-12 range. And that may be a little optimistic.

But once December rolls around it's on. :towel
I heard Perkins is no longer starting, that has to be great for you.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Very good first half by the Mavs and the defense was impressive.

One half down, one to go.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The question was why the need to take everything as a swipe at Rose and then go out of your way to prove a point.

Do you actually believe that one play proves anything concerning Rose and his comeback?

Your a better poster than that you know your basketball but when it comes to Rose you go all foam finger its insufferable.:lol
Perhaps but in terms of just his athleticism I think you can see it in a single play like that one. Like I said, it doesn't mean much of anything in terms of his game in general, but I think you can see that his pure athleticism is fine.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I heard Perkins is no longer starting, that has to be great for you.
Indeed. It'll be nice to have a 2 way player at C for a change. Scott Brooks is finally going with the better player rather than going with the vet by default.

My only problem with Adams is that he still fouls at a pretty high rate. He's still learning so I assume he'll grow out of it eventually.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Very good first half by the Mavs and the defense was impressive.

One half down, one to go.
I know hindsight is 20/20 but the Mavs should have called timeout on that last possession.

They looked completely out of sync until there was about 10 seconds left. Then instead of getting a shot up with about 5 seconds left they didn't get a shot off until the final second.

Getting a shot off with 5 seconds left at least gives them a safety net if they missed the shot. It would have given them enough time to foul and extend the game.

I thought Carlisle and the Mavs blew it. Very surprising considering all the vets on that team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know hindsight is 20/20 but the Mavs should have called timeout on that last possession.

They looked completely out of sync until there was about 10 seconds left. Then instead of getting a shot up with about 5 seconds left they didn't get a shot off until the final second.

Getting a shot off with 5 seconds left at least gives them a safety net if they missed the shot. It would have given them enough time to foul and extend the game.

I thought Carlisle and the Mavs blew it. Very surprising considering all the vets on that team.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

It was a very winnable game and it sucks to lose, but I liked what I saw tonight and I think we're gonna have a very good team this season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I know it was "only" against the Magic but check out Anthony Davis' line from tonight

26 points
17 rebounds
9 blocks
3 steals
2 assists

That guy is going to be a stud.

Carl

RIP Brother
Not sure what is going off, but Rachel Nichols looks completely shaggable.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I know it was "only" against the Magic but check out Anthony Davis' line from tonight

26 points
17 rebounds
9 blocks
3 steals
2 assists

That guy is going to be a stud.
He's already top 10 in the league, maybe top 5 and the only thing stopping him from a HOF career would be injury, so yea I'd say he already is one.

Top Bottom