Scandrick questions if his team is any different; 'I don't feel good about anything'

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Orlando Scandrick questions if his team is any different; 'I don't feel good about anything'

Staff and Wire Reports

Published: 30 September 2013 02:17 PM

Are the Dallas Cowboys better than their average 8-8 teams of the past two years?

It looked like they were after starting the season 2-1. Then a 31-20 loss Sunday afternoon to the Chargers showed the Cowboys continue to lose games to opponents who are equal or thought-to-be inferior because they appear incapable of making plays at crucial moments. They continue to lose to average teams on the road because they aren’t good enough to do otherwise.

"I don't know if this team is any different," Scandrick told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "There is a lot to be seen about this football team over the next few weeks. I don't feel good about anything today. Anything. The only thing I feel good about is that we came out healthy."

Scandrick has been with the Cowboys for six seasons.

“We get to a point where we’ve got some critical plays and we don’t make them,” owner Jerry Jones said.

Orlando Scandrick started again at cornerback for the Cowboys as Morris Claiborne continues to battle a dislocated left shoulder injury that will likely plague him most of the season. laiborne showed frustration after the game Sunday. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers passed for more than 400 yards and didn't shy away from the No. 6 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

Claiborne struggled in the first half, allowing 31- and 15-yard catches to Chargers receiver Keenan Allen and a 28-yard catch to receiver Eddie Royal.

"It was a very hard day," Claiborne said. "Any time they're throwing to a side, you guys are going to say that's Mo's side anyway. They hit passes over there, so why not take it? They hit a couple of plays all over the field, but obviously they found more over there on the right side."

Scandrick missed most of the second quarter after he took a knee to the helmet. He was tested for a concussion and played most of the second half.
------------

Scary when Scandrick is one of the lone voices who doesn't march to the beat of the organizational drum.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's good to hear. Even if it's just from Scandrick.

data

Forbes #1
As Booze mentioned in another thread, did this team think they were world-beaters after one win over the Rams?

Jeez

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As Booze mentioned in another thread, did this team think they were world-beaters after one win over the Rams?

Jeez
That's fucking frightening.

But we all saw the Jerry comments afterwards.

They should have yawned and gone back to work Monday.

Instead OMGZOMG BEST DEFENSE I HAVE EVER SEENZ!

Nothing but superlatives all around.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If the shoulder is bothering Claiborne this much they should just shut him down.

Personally I think it's a silly excuse because I've seen CBs with far worse injuries gut it out and perform much better than he has.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If the shoulder is bothering Claiborne this much they should just shut him down.

Personally I think it's a silly excuse because I've seen CBs with far worse injuries gut it out and perform much better than he has.
Goof Son called him out and said that is not an excuse.

Sadly, the real issue is that we massively overrated him when we traded up for him like he's the next Deion.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually like Scandrick as much as anyone defensively...he plays with some swagger and toughness.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
"It was a very hard day," Claiborne said. "Any time they're throwing to a side, you guys are going to say that's Mo's side anyway. They hit passes over there, so why not take it? They hit a couple of plays all over the field, but obviously they found more over there on the right side."
I really tried to say "I hate the value, I hate the trade, but at least, as a CB, he appears to be a good player."

But I'm really starting to hate this bitch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I actually like Scandrick as much as anyone defensively...he plays with some swagger and toughness.
Remember the good old days when everyone said that Scandrick sucked? Well, almost everyone.

Me too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Scandrick doesn't see anything different because it's the same team as it's always been.

Losers gonna lose.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
this is interesting, the players doing some soul searching. i thought they would keep denying anything's wrong.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
“We get to a point where we’ve got some critical plays and we don’t make them,” owner Jerry Jones said.
It's been that way for most of the last 18 Jerry. Good to see you finally noticed.

dallen

Senior Tech
Was it Ron Wolf that said Scandrick was the steal of the draft?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Goof Son called him out and said that is not an excuse.

Sadly, the real issue is that we massively overrated him when we traded up for him like he's the next Deion.
He lacks speed. Obviously that sub 4.4 reading at a private workout was a false reading and they should have trusted his 4.5 combine numbers. You can't be instinctive if you're worried about catching up to the guy you're covering.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He lacks speed. Obviously that sub 4.4 reading at a private workout was a false reading and they should have trusted his 4.5 combine numbers. You can't be instinctive if you're worried about catching up to the guy you're covering.
Golly, glad to see we didn't just stay put and draft Brockers and Wagner.

Then we might have a LB who can cover and a young player at a position of real need on this team.

But we got the next Deion. Thankfully.

superpunk

Banned
Claiborne is a second year corner who has been hampered by injuries. Get off his dick. Everyone hated Scandrick and belly-ached about his contract CONSTANTLY until this year.

I'd be more aggro about Brandon 50miltobeinvisible Carr.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Claiborne is a second year corner who has been hampered by injuries. Get off his dick. Everyone hated Scandrick and belly-ached about his contract CONSTANTLY until this year.

I'd be more aggro about Brandon 50miltobeinvisible Carr.
I don't give a shit about his injuries. If he's constantly injured, he's not reliable. If a player is not reliable, they are useless.

As for Carr, a better player. Plain and simple.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cut Sean Lee.
When Claiborne makes plays like Lee has, then maybe posting this nonsense might make more sense.

If Claiborne had showed anything whatsoever, he would have bought himself the benefit of the doubt.

He's injured, unreliable and unproductive.

But hey, we should all get off his dick and stuff.

Top Bottom