Sturm: What makes RB Lamar Miller the 'right guy' for the Dallas Cowboys

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Miller was underutilized in Miami that is for sure. But was it because of a shitty coaching staff/system or something with him?
I think it was coaching. Miller barely got the ball when Joe Philbin was coach; he had some nice games under Campbell, but it didnt help when the Dolphins trailed so much

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
With a RB that the front office is pleased with. Just skeptical as to whether he really wants to come here.
Apparently Miller grew up a cowboys fan. That can't hurt. Add in our offensive line, mcfadden's age and propensity for injuries, and apparently we are the front runner for Miller.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently Miller grew up a cowboys fan. That can't hurt. Add in our offensive line, mcfadden's age and propensity for injuries, and apparently we are the front runner for Miller.
I refuse to believe we are the front runners for anyone not mediocre and cheap. I ain't getting sucked.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I refuse to believe we are the front runners for anyone not mediocre and cheap. I ain't getting sucked.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We were willing to pay Murray 5-6 a year last season, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think we'd be willing to give Miller about 4-5 a year. At the end of the day if I had to bet I don't think we will get him, but I don't think it's completely unrealistic either.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We aren't the only team. Original tweet said Texans as well. I don't put any stock in the "I was a fan of such and such when I was a kid" routine. That was in the past and right now these players (for the most part) are a fan of money.

I'm pulling for him to end up with the Cowboys but just don't think it will,happen.

Edit... Just noticed your correction to front-runner.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rapoport is saying the Texans are making a strong push for Miller, seems like code for it'll be done in the next hour or two, although you never know. Will be very curious to see the numbers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Rapoport is saying the Texans are making a strong push for Miller, seems like code for it'll be done in the next hour or two, although you never know. Will be very curious to see the numbers.
Shit on a shingle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's so odd with the negotiating period. I mean if you come to an agreement a team could come in and offer more.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's so odd with the negotiating period. I mean if you come to an agreement a team could come in and offer more.
Yea.

According to Twitter the Texans are offering somewhere around 6.5 a year, so if that's the case, I'm definitely out.

Love Miller at about 5 a year but that's more or less my ceiling on him, no way I'd go up to nearly 7 a year for a guy who never has truly proven he can handle 300 carries a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea.

According to Twitter the Texans are offering somewhere around 6.5 a year, so if that's the case, I'm definitely out.

Love Miller at about 5 a year but that's more or less my ceiling on him, no way I'd go up to nearly 7 a year for a guy who never has truly proven he can handle 300 carries a year.
Agreed, move on to Chris Ivory.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
One of my favorite breakfast meals in the military.
Doubt Geng knows what that is, pretty sure they don't offer it at McDonalds

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be fine with Ivory for about 4 a year. Same strategy as with Miller, let him split time with McFadden next year, probably about 75/25, and then let McFadden go, draft a guy in 2017, that guy probably takes over sometime in 2018 and you cut Ivory.

Done and done.

Top Bottom