Mendez: Claiborne playing with both poor technique and low confidence, Garrett says

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Claiborne playing with both poor technique and low confidence, Garrett says

Cornerback Morris Claiborne, picked on repeatedly by Philip Rivers and the Chargers in Sunday’s loss, is playing with poor technique and low confidence, coach Jason Garrett said Monday.

“They went to him too much in this ballgame, and they were too effective,” Garrett said. “He’s just got to play better, and he will play better.”

Against two-receiver sets, the Cowboys have already demoted Claiborne, going with Orlando Scandrick in his place. But against three-receiver sets, Claiborne returns to the outside, and Scandrick goes to the slot.

The Cowboys are not ready to go with rookie B.W. Webb in the slot to allow Scandrick to stay outside.

“We feel like the combination we had out there is the best combination. And if we thought otherwise, we would make that change,” Garrett said. “But what he (Claiborne) needs to do is just play better. He needs to play with the right technique and do it consistently, over and over and over again.”

Cornerback Brandon Carr said Claiborne understands if Scandrick has moved ahead of him.

“Orlando is playing some good ball right now,” Carr said. “Now it’s a time where they feel comfortable with Orlando playing. Mo is a team player. He’s going to buy into it. He’s going to compete. It’s not the time for feelings or anything political. It’s all just business, and we are trying to put the best 11 out there to win ballgames.”

-- Carlos Mendez
-----------------

:lol

What Mo needs to do is play better.

Wow.

Now there is a head coach who holds people accountable and knows how to get his message across.

superpunk

Banned
What Mo needs to do is play better.

Wow.

Now there is a head coach who holds people accountable and knows how to get his message across.
I'm sure that was his direct message to Claiborne and not just PC talk, Alex. That's probably all our coaches will say to the team. Play better guys. :LOL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure that was his direct message to Claiborne and not just PC talk, Alex. That's probably all our coaches will say to the team. Play better guys. :LOL
Oh wait, is this where you hint that Garrett is just playing the media, yet behind closed doors he's really getting the job done?

Sorry.

If there is one thing both Johnson and Parcells should have taught anyone is that the media, and what you say in public can and should be used as a psychological tool.

Any moron can see that awful performance and tell he should "play better".

When this is the extent the Garrett 9000 goes to, it shows how robotic he is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was just hinting that your commentary on the article was really stupid.
Ah, so ignore anything that you might have to do anything other than troll and actually debate an issue.

I realize my short comment didn't say a lot. All it did was invite the trolling shit you are starting to develop as an art form.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would imagine that if interviewed, Claiborne would point out that he needs to play better.

How do you do that, Morris?

"I just have to keep stacking pr---" anddddd throatpunch

superpunk

Banned
Ah, so ignore anything that you might have to do anything other than troll and actually debate an issue.

I realize my short comment didn't say a lot. All it did was invite the trolling shit you are starting to develop as an art form.
I guess you got what you put in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess you got what you put in.
And yeah, you are a guy who has proven he can contribute to a forum.

That explains why you have been banned from pretty much every one there is.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Garrett is really coaching them up behind closed doors then it's not really working. 2-2 and will be lucky to even finish at 8-8.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Claiborne playing with both poor technique and low confidence, Garrett says
In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, and black Barbie is ugly.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

So why is this shitstain still here?

Well, outside of sucking cocks over in the game day thread.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh wait, is this where you hint that Garrett is just playing the media, yet behind closed doors he's really getting the job done?

Sorry.

If there is one thing both Johnson and Parcells should have taught anyone is that the media, and what you say in public can and should be used as a psychological tool.

Any moron can see that awful performance and tell he should "play better".

When this is the extent the Garrett 9000 goes to, it shows how robotic he is.
Johnson and Parcells were masters at that, but you don't see a lot of coaches do it. And when you do sometimes it's seen as throwing a player under the bus and then you have a Josh Freeman situation on your hands.

superpunk

Banned

<3

It's ok, you fucked up on this one. You generally do better. No need to try and divert though bb.

Top Bottom