Best remaining prospects- NFL.com

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Dodd will be 24 in like 2 months.

Why the Ogbah hate though?
I don't see a lot of potential as a great passrusher with him. I think a lot the projection with him is based on his size. I don't like the wayh he plays, too upright.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see a lot of potential as a great passrusher with him. I think a lot the projection with him is based on his size. I don't like the wayh he plays, too upright.
When you say projection, does that mean you don't think he was productive in college? Because I'd say he was one of the most productive pass rushers in this draft in college. Was he just going unblocked on all those sacks?

Carp

DCC 4Life
The PSU coaches screwed with Hackenburg's mechanics and screwed him all up. On top of that the system was not a fit. Add the sieve offensive line and you have a shell shocked QB with bad numbers.

The talent is there. If he can be fixed, his upside is tremendous. A lot of QBs never recover from that sort of stuff though, so the risk is also high. And, he needs to go somewhere that can teach and mold him correctly.
Yep....he went from running the Pats offense, to some retarded ass shit Franklin cobbled together.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
When you say projection, does that mean you don't think he was productive in college? Because I'd say he was one of the most productive pass rushers in this draft in college. Was he just going unblocked on all those sacks?
I don't think his play translates well to the NFL and I think he's overrated athletically. He did produce in college, but there's more to it than "he had a lot of sacks in the Big 12, so he'll have a lot in the NFL."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think his play translates well to the NFL and I think he's overrated athletically.
See I think he is underrated athletically. You don't run a 4.63 forty at 270 pounds in my opinion unless you are a pretty damn good athlete. I've seen him turn the corner on tackles (Meaning beating them around the edge) while still being too high. To me that tells me if I teach the guy proper technique and get him to dip his shoulder and get low he could probably be even more productive. Plus I've seen him do it from both the right and left side which is the versatility we need in this defense.

I'd say I'm the complete opposite of you. I think Ogbah is being way underrated right now. And with the right D-line coach could be a stud in the NFL.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There is too much talent left to take a risk on Jack, imo. If he still there in round 3 I'd jump on it though
Agreed, though round 3 isn't going to happen. If his knee is really fine, then we should draft him and not look back.

Another question is when to draft Jaylon Smith. We're missing a 5th rounder this year.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, though round 3 isn't going to happen.

Real question is when to draft Jaylon Smith. We're missing a 5th rounder this year.
Comp 4th is as high as I would go for Jaylon. But at that point why not. You're playing with house money anyway.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
See I think he is underrated athletically. You don't run a 4.63 forty at 270 pounds in my opinion unless you are a pretty damn good athlete. I've seen him turn the corner on tackles (Meaning beating them around the edge) while still being too high. To me that tells me if I teach the guy proper technique and get him to dip his shoulder and get low he could probably be even more productive. Plus I've seen him do it from both the right and left side which is the versatility we need in this defense.

I'd say I'm the complete opposite of you. I think Ogbah is being way underrated right now. And with the right D-line coach could be a stud in the NFL.

The 40 time is largely why I think he's overrated athletically. He does have good straight line speed but he's far too linear of an athlete. I don't know if playing too high is something you can snap out of him. I think the scouts who claim he's not "bendy" enough like the elite edge rushers are dead on. That's something you either have or you don't. He just ran around people in college, that's not going to work in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The 40 time is largely why I think he's overrated athletically. He does have good straight line speed but he's far too linear of an athlete. I don't know if playing too high is something you can snap out of him. I think the scouts who claim he's not "bendy" enough like the elite edge rushers are dead on. That's something you either have or you don't. He just ran around people in college, that's not going to work in the NFL.
Former NFL lineman Stephen White does good work and says this:

The pattern of uneven play from Ogbah continued throughout the other four games I watched. I don't think it was a lack of effort. However, it's hard to explain how a guy can almost literally put you to sleep for stretches of a game in which he is so quiet, then have you almost break your laptop because you jump up out of your seat in excitement at one of the plays he does end up making. Especially when it appears that he's going just as hard on most of the plays.

I just don't know how you draft a guy like Ogbah high and have any kind of confidence in what he will or won't develop into as a pro. That doesn't mean I can't see a team taking him in the first round. After all, guys his size and with his speed and production in college don't grow on trees.

A team will have to be honest and realize he is a boom-or-bust guy. They are just going have to bet on the boom, but they damn sure better be prepared if he ends up being a bust.

Even with Ogbah's testing numbers, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was out of the league in four years. On the other hand, he could also go to the right team with the right coach and work his ass off and all of a sudden become the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I can't actually decide which is more likely at this point. Good luck to the team who decides to pull the trigger and take him. I have a feeling that they are really going to need it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spence, Dodd, Alexander.

In that order. No reason we should pass on any of the three.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Former NFL lineman Stephen White does good work and says this:

The pattern of uneven play from Ogbah continued throughout the other four games I watched. I don't think it was a lack of effort. However, it's hard to explain how a guy can almost literally put you to sleep for stretches of a game in which he is so quiet, then have you almost break your laptop because you jump up out of your seat in excitement at one of the plays he does end up making. Especially when it appears that he's going just as hard on most of the plays.

I just don't know how you draft a guy like Ogbah high and have any kind of confidence in what he will or won't develop into as a pro. That doesn't mean I can't see a team taking him in the first round. After all, guys his size and with his speed and production in college don't grow on trees.

A team will have to be honest and realize he is a boom-or-bust guy. They are just going have to bet on the boom, but they damn sure better be prepared if he ends up being a bust.

Even with Ogbah's testing numbers, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was out of the league in four years. On the other hand, he could also go to the right team with the right coach and work his ass off and all of a sudden become the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I can't actually decide which is more likely at this point. Good luck to the team who decides to pull the trigger and take him. I have a feeling that they are really going to need it.
That sounds about right. I like him in the 3rd or 4th, but he won't fall that far, and I don't like the second round risk.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Spence, Dodd, Alexander.

In that order. No reason we should pass on any of the three.
Spence scares the crap out of me.

Those pedestrian combine numbers at that size screams mediocre pass rusher.

And that's without the drug stuff.

I need to go and look at some more OSU tape before he transfers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That sounds about right. I like him in the 3rd or 4th, but he won't fall that far, and I don't like the second round risk.
Spence or Dodd are better players IMO. Both are good enough to go in the first.

Ogbah has always been "that guy" at the end of the first round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spence scares the crap out of me.

Those pedestrian combine numbers at that size screams mediocre pass rusher.

And that's without the drug stuff.

I need to go and look at some more OSU tape before he transfers.
Spence does give me pause, but he is without question, the best natural pass rusher in this draft.

If that is what you want, and he is there, I roll the dice.

Dodd is the safer guy in a way, but even he is a one year wonder.

That said, I don't elevate Ogbah over either. Not a fan of his, despite the "production".

Top Bottom