Jeremy Mincey: We can’t just wait for Romo, he’s not Jesus

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=2]Jeremy Mincey: We can’t just wait for Romo, he’s not Jesus[/h] Posted by Josh Alper on November 12, 2015, 8:53 AM EST

It looks like the Cowboys will have to play one more game without quarterback Tony Romo, who is both eligible and expected to return for their Week 11 game against the Dolphins.

That’s clearly a good thing for a team that’s lost all six games they’ve played without Romo, with the drop in quarterback play looming large in most of those losses. Defensive end Jeremy Mincey says that missing Romo is no excuse for the team’s losing streak, however, and that the team has to do more this week than just wait for the quarterback to play savior.

“We can’t sit and wait on Romo,” Mincey said. “He’s not Jesus. We can’t sit and wait on him. There are games we could have easily won without him being there. We have to be sharper and take advantage of every play and every opportunity to make something happen. There are no excuses to how we are playing. We have to get better. It’s our fault. We have to suck it up, keep going and get better. … To get the ball rolling we got to get this one this week. We got to find away to win this week.”

The state of the NFC East offers some hope that a win this week and the return of Romo could keep the Cowboys in the mix. No 2-6 team has gone on to make the playoffs in the last 25 years, though, and the six-game losing streak has left the Cowboys with little margin for further error with or without their starting quarterback in the mix.
------------------

So, why they wait until ONE game before he gets back to say quit waiting on him, I have no idea.

I do believe they have been sitting around without a sense of urgency, thinking they could win a game or two and wait for rescue.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess the coaches can't motivate this team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So, why they wait until ONE game before he gets back to say quit waiting on him, I have no idea.

I do believe they have been sitting around without a sense of urgency, thinking they could win a game or two and wait for rescue.

This was my first thought as well. This needed to be said over a month ago.

They are just taking the head coaches personality. He don't makes changes during the game, he will wait a few weeks to decide something needs to be done i.e.. Weeden, Randle, etc..

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They only have coaching to blame for that. So again, what's Jason Garrett's value added?

Top Bottom