Report: Giants, Panthers close to deal for linebacker Jon Beason

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 4, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT

It’s been a busy week for trades in the NFL and another trade appears on the verge of completion.

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the New York Giants are closing in on a deal to acquire linebacker Jon Beason from the Carolina Panthers for a late-round draft pick.

A league source tells PFT that Beason is traveling to New York on Friday with the deal hinging on Beason passing a physical with the Giants.

Beason started the first two games of the season for the Panthers before being replaced by former Giants’ linebacker Chase Blackburn for Carolina’s Week 3 matchup with the Giants. Beason hasn’t appeared to be fully healthy this season but the Giants are desperate for help on defense. The physical won’t be just a token part of the deal as Beason is coming off micro-fracture knee surgery last year.

The irony in the move is the Giants elected not to bring back Blackburn this offseason, who played his first eight seasons in New York. Now the Giants could be trading for the guy Blackburn beat out for a job.
----------------

Wow.

The Giants suddenly realized they need linebackers?

This is like us trading for a safety after we were winless after a month of the season.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd be fine with trading Bruce Carter to them after his bitch of a season so far.

Insert Holloman. At least he's shown he can make plays.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 4, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT

It’s been a busy week for trades in the NFL and another trade appears on the verge of completion.

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the New York Giants are closing in on a deal to acquire linebacker Jon Beason from the Carolina Panthers for a late-round draft pick.

A league source tells PFT that Beason is traveling to New York on Friday with the deal hinging on Beason passing a physical with the Giants.

Beason started the first two games of the season for the Panthers before being replaced by former Giants’ linebacker Chase Blackburn for Carolina’s Week 3 matchup with the Giants. Beason hasn’t appeared to be fully healthy this season but the Giants are desperate for help on defense. The physical won’t be just a token part of the deal as Beason is coming off micro-fracture knee surgery last year.

The irony in the move is the Giants elected not to bring back Blackburn this offseason, who played his first eight seasons in New York. Now the Giants could be trading for the guy Blackburn beat out for a job.
----------------

Wow.

The Giants suddenly realized they need linebackers?

This is like us trading for a safety after we were winless after a month of the season.
Whats even worse is that Beason probably won't be 75% this season.

Did Jerry suddenly start GM'ing the Giants???

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'd be fine with trading Bruce Carter to them after his bitch of a season so far.

Insert Holloman. At least he's shown he can make plays.
I still have a little faith in Carter, I'd at least ask for a mid-rounder...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Getting carried away now.

Carter had a bad game. He does not belong on the trading block.
Carter has been a hard LUCK case ever since he was drafted. I don't know that Dallas will ever see his true potential.

Top Bottom