Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
And we lost half our games that year. (2009)
See? Nice guy that I am, I don't make fun of stuff like this. Shoot, they even blew out the hated Eagles in a playoff game!
Tony and the team will not have near the success it enjoyed last year without Dez.
Might even be back to the 8-8 it enjoyed the three years prior, with Dez!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was thinking 2010 but the point remains, Dez was not the issue with the 8-8 years. It was the OL. And to try to lay the 8-8's at Dez's feet is dumb, and to be frank, fairly retarded.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
I was thinking 2010 but the point remains, Dez was not the issue with the 8-8 years. It was the OL. And to try to lay the 8-8's at Dez's feet is dumb, and to be frank, fairly retarded.
Nobody's done that or even tried to. And pretty sure the D itself was a lot of the problem. Moreso than the OL. We still were managing well over 4 yards per carry, we simply didn't run the ball nearly enough and seemed to have a aversion to sticking with it. We were pass happy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nobody's done that or even tried to.

In the previous post right before this one. :lol

data

Forbes #1
Moreso than the OL. We still were managing well over 4 yards per carry, we simply didn't run the ball nearly enough and seemed to have a aversion to sticking with it. We were pass happy.
Oh shit.

3...2...1...Schmatty

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member

In the previous post right before this one. :lol
All that says is what I've said before. We managed to go 8-8 with Dez. It doesn't BLAME Dez for anything. It just shows we can go 8-8 with him or without him.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Oh shit.

3...2...1...Schmatty
All three of the 8-8 years, we were in the bottom 10 for rushing attempts. 23rd in 2011, 31st in 2012 and 31st in 2013. We simply weren't running the ball. Meanwhile our average yards per carry were 9th in 2011 with 4.4, 30th in 2013 with 3.6 (I stand corrected there) and 7th in 2013 with 4.5.

It's not like we could not run the ball, it's like, we did not.

Contrast all that with last year, we were #3 in attempts, and enjoyed a 4.6 average per carry. Also #3 in the league.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
All three of the 8-8 years, we were in the bottom 10 for rushing attempts. 23rd in 2011, 31st in 2012 and 31st in 2013. We simply weren't running the ball. Meanwhile our average yards per carry were 9th in 2011 with 4.4, 30th in 2013 with 3.6 (I stand corrected there) and 7th in 2013 with 4.5.

It's not like we could not run the ball, it's like, we did not.
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All that says is what I've said before. We managed to go 8-8 with Dez. It doesn't BLAME Dez for anything. It just shows we can go 8-8 with him or without him.
We went 8-8 with Romo. I guess we should just say it's negligible if he plays or not.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And we lost half our games that year. In context of he discussion, Tony and the team will not have near the success it enjoyed last year without Dez.
I was referring to 2009. Of course we're better with Dez, but we're also not a disaster without him. He had 3 catches in each playoff game. If we hadn't tried to force him the ball on 4th and 2 maybe that final drive continues.

Having several players who know the offense cold is as important as having a superstar, maybe even more important. Give Romo time and Laurent Robinson becomes a threat.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really don't like Dez campaigning for a contract through Twitter. That is pretty much the way it goes these days, but not sure why he just can't let the Cowboys know he would not play without a new deal...instead of having a bunch of his fans telling him to get paid and #pay88.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I really don't like Dez campaigning for a contract through Twitter. That is pretty much the way it goes these days, but not sure why he just can't let the Cowboys know he would not play without a new deal...instead of having a bunch of his fans telling him to get paid and #pay88.
I agree. This type activity makes me wonder if he has really progressed much with behavioral issues.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I agree. This type activity makes me wonder if he has really progressed much with behavioral issues.
Unfortunately he is just doing what the cool kids are doing these days. I'm not too worried about it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Rocafella, y'all.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
We went 8-8 with Romo. I guess we should just say it's negligible if he plays or not.
Yeah if you just want to lie about what was said.
I was referring to 2009. Of course we're better with Dez, but we're also not a disaster without him. He had 3 catches in each playoff game. If we hadn't tried to force him the ball on 4th and 2 maybe that final drive continues.

Having several players who know the offense cold is as important as having a superstar, maybe even more important. Give Romo time and Laurent Robinson becomes a threat.
This might be a sort of silver lining to a holdout - others getting more reps and more chemistry with Tony, in training camp and the preseason. Learning more about each other. Could pay dividends down the road when Dez returns. Turning lemons into lemonade.

vince

Not So New Member
I agree. That seems cheap.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
I don't mind Dez taking his case to twitterspace, but I found his apology to the fans kind of dumb. He has nothing to apologize for. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Top Bottom