Vikings Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Primer probably won't be up until tomorrow. Sorry dudes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Zimmer is having emergency eye surgery tonight. He may or may not even be on the sidelines tomorrow. Could be interesting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Vikings' Mike Zimmer to have emergency eye surgery
By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com

Mike Zimmer may not be on the sidelines Thursday.

The Vikings coach will have emergency eye surgery on Wednesday night, the team announced, and his status for Thursday night's game is uncertain.

"Mike Zimmer is having emergency eye surgery tonight," general manager Rick Spielman said in a statement. "His status for coaching tomorrow's game is uncertain. I have met with the coaches and players and we have a contingency plan in place if Mike is unable to coach against Dallas."

Earlier this month, Zimmer underwent a minor medical procedure for a torn retina in his right eye after the coach said he scratched his eye during a Monday night loss to the Bears.

"The doctors, after the game, they checked and had me get in for an appointment, and I found out that I had a torn retina," Zimmer said, per the team's website. "Dr. Scott Sanderson and Dr. David Williams performed a procedure on my eye, fortunately.

"They said if you don't take care of those things that you have a possibility of going blind."

At the time, Zimmer added that he was watching game film with one eye and was, at times, forced to wear reading glasses.

If Zimmer is to miss Thursday night's vital matchup with the Cowboys, the Vikings will likely turn to newly promoted offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur or offensive line coach Tony Sparano.

Both coaches have head coaching experience -- Shurmur with the Browns and Sparano with the Dolphins. Shurmer also acted as interim coach for one game in Philadelphia in 2015 following Chip Kelly's exit. Sparano was the interim coach in Oakland in 2014 following the midseason firing of Dennis Allen.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Maybe will have an eyepatch.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Zimmer is having emergency eye surgery tonight. He may or may not even be on the sidelines tomorrow. Could be interesting.
So, The Village Idiot is now possibly The Blind Village Idiot?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Similar to what I expect.

I think it'll be 24-13 for us.

Their offense just isn't very good at all and our bend-but-don't-break approach has kept much better offenses out of the endzone, so I can't see the Vikings scoring all that much.

We'd have to play a very sloppy game filled with turnovers in order to lose this one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If the Cowboys don't get a pass rush on Bradford, he can hurt you. He can't deal with a rush because of lack of mobility but if allowed to stand there and fire away, he will complete passes. Dallas doesn't have a consistent pass rush.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the Cowboys don't get a pass rush on Bradford, he can hurt you. He can't deal with a rush because of lack of mobility but if allowed to stand there and fire away, he will complete passes. Dallas doesn't have a consistent pass rush.
It's a game where we absolutely should bring four as well as some blitzes. The Vikes offensive line is in shambles and they couldn't pick up a blitz or stunt to save their lives. The only way to screw all of that up in my opinion would be to use 3 man rushes and allow Bradford to sit in the pocket.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's a game where we absolutely should bring four as well as some blitzes. The Vikes offensive line is in shambles and they couldn't pick up a blitz or stunt to save their lives. The only way to screw all of that up in my opinion would be to use 3 man rushes and allow Bradford to sit in the pocket.
You will get a three man rush and like it.

Top Bottom