Week 14 Chatter Thread | Dallas vs Green Bay | 12/13/2015

data

Forbes #1
When I see that Southwest commercial with dude going to all the cities..."get a fucking job, you hippie."

data

Forbes #1
Nationwide jingle. No more new commercials. It's played out now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Oh, damn. Who does Smitty side with?

Jiggyfly

Banned
That lets you know what some players thought of Garrett at the time.

I'm calling it now Garett is out of here.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sad thing about Garrett is that he's not a puppet.

In a way, he's manipulating Jerry into thinking he's competent.

I don't think he's "castrated" any more than he allows himself to be. He is more like his stupid dipshit father that thinks being a lifer in football is worth it.

He has zero personal ambition. He's the epitome of a politician.

He made it to Congress.
Yep and I think Jerry finally realizes he has been conned.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To be fair, that 2010 Packers game was a complete slaughter. The coach had completely lost the team. We didn't belong on the same field that day.

We were fairly close today. It was a 1 score game in the 4th quarter.

data

Forbes #1
This second half is like our game. Defense holding the pats offense to nothing but Texans offense matches.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Garrett ain't getting fired.
Yeah, no way he pays for all that just re-upped coaching carnage.

He'll be disappointed, and maybe make an inconsequential change, but Garrett rides the Romo excuse to another season.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I really think it depends. If we were to outright quit then I could see him getting let go depending on if a coach like Payton became available. I dont think we would fire Garrett except for Payton because I dont think Jerry would want Romo to start over at the end of his career.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Greg Hardy on loss: "We didn’t work harder than them, we didn’t play harder than them and we didn’t prepare harder than them. Period.”
Greg Hardy on sack: "A loss is a loss. You know how that goes. When you lose, it’s never good no matter what the stats are.”

data

Forbes #1
I really think it depends. If we were to outright quit then I could see him getting let go depending on if a coach like Payton became available. I dont think we would fire Garrett except for Payton because I dont think Jerry would want Romo to start over at the end of his career.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I just dont know. I mean Jerry is on his last legs and in WIN now mode. If we lose out and Payton is out there I could see it. Depends on if the team quits or not.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I just dont know. I mean Jerry is on his last legs and in WIN now mode. If we lose out and Payton is out there I could see it. Depends on if the team quits or not.
Jerry hasn't been in WIN now mode since Jimmy was here. The closest was hiring BP, but that was basically admitting his 1 of 500 coaches mode wasn't working and he needed to get the team back on track to WIN approval for new stadium. If Jerry had been about winning he'd never have hired Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Phillips or Garrett.

I don't see that changing now either. He's comfortable with Garrett, just gave him an extension and likely doesn't want a total coaching change knowing Romo is on his last leg. I think JG will be back and here at least as long as Romo is here.

Top Bottom