Mendez: Brandon Carr, getting ready to play for yet another coordinator

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brandon Carr, getting ready to play for yet another coordinator: 'Just the name of the game. You have to adapt'

Brandon Carr has a new defensive coordinator.

Story of his life.

In his first five NFL seasons, the Cowboys cornerback played for four defensive coordinators. Monte Kiffin will be his fifth.

“Just the name of the game,” Carr said Wednesday at the Cowboys golf tournament in Grapevine. “You have to adapt to what’s thrown at you.”

As a rookie in Kansas City, drafted in the fifth round in 2008, Carr played under Gunther Cunningham.

The next year, it was Clancy Pendergast.

Then, for the next two years, Romeo Crennel was the defensive coordinator for the Chiefs. Carr had his highest interception total of his career in the second year under Crennel (four) and went to free agency, where the Cowboys signed him to a $50.1 million contract.

With the Cowboys, he played under Rob Ryan and had three interceptions, also making a spot appearance at safety because of injuries.

“I’ve been playing for different coaches, different schemes pretty much my whole career in the NFL,” Carr said. “I feel like it’s kind of adding to my versatility. It’s all about learning and trying to grasp whatever’s thrown at me.”

That’ll be the case for at least one more year.

-- Carlos Mendez

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Whatever happened to Clancy Pendergast he was supposed to be the next big thing for a while...

Top Bottom