Upgraded to PS4....

marsbennett

Brand New Member
from PS2 and Madden 09. Yep, PS4 and madden 25 and my first impressions are FUCK THIS BULLSHIT and Give me back my PS2. Christ.

D

Deuce

:lol

It was a big jump from last years PS3 game, can't imagine going from '09 on a PS2.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Congrats on the upgrade. Didn't want to go ahead and spring for Madden 15 though? I mean you spent a lot of money either way. maybe is 6 years we can play online.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We might be able to do a PS4 Madden league next year because we have roughly 10 members with Madden and PS4's now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We might be able to do a PS4 Madden league next year because we have roughly 10 members with Madden and PS4's now.
You countin' me?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Is the 4 that much better? I find myself playing less video games to begin with, but if I have to pay a monthly fee too...that does not intrigue me.

D

Deuce

Is the 4 that much better? I find myself playing less video games to begin with, but if I have to pay a monthly fee too...that does not intrigue me.
I'm comparing it to a CPU upgrade. It's bigger and faster than the PS3, but so far the games have been similar in graphics. I expect games to get better as more are made for its capabilities.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm comparing it to a CPU upgrade. It's bigger and faster than the PS3, but so far the games have been similar in graphics. I expect games to get better as more are made for its capabilities.
Alright...the gameplay is the most important thing, so if it is similar I will just wait until the price comes down.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You countin' me?
You too? Nice.

I did not know you had PS4 Madden.

IIRC, those with PS4 Madden are:

Myself
Iamtdg
Gforce
Newt
Schmitty
Booze
Deuce
Marsbennet
The Guido formerly known as Gator
CRock....I think?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You too? Nice.

Myself
Iamtdg
Gforce
Newt
Schmitty
Booze
Deuce
Marsbennet
CRock....I think?
I just have '14, though. I haven't bought '15 yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just have '14, though. I haven't bought '15 yet.
15 was the first Madden in many years that I thought played a quality game of football. There are still a handful of legacy issues, but this was the first time in a long time that I felt real progress was made.

If they continue on this path, Madden 16 could be a really good game, but I don't like EA's history of not putting out solid Madden's on a consistent basis.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You too? Nice.

Myself
Iamtdg
Gforce
Newt
Schmitty
Booze
Deuce
Marsbennet
CRock....I think?
Yeah, I'm in.

D

Deuce

One downfall for the PS4 I've noticed so far is the app selection. How can they not have HBO Go when PS3 has had it for a year? Also, I used to be able to plug some media devices into my PS3 and watch content on my TV through it, PS4 won't let me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One downfall for the PS4 I've noticed so far is the app selection. How can they not have HBO Go when PS3 has had it for a year? Also, I used to be able to plug some media devices into my PS3 and watch content on my TV through it, PS4 won't let me.
No HBO GO is a no go for me...I am pretty much addicted to that now.

I might even start Game of Thrones.

D

Deuce

No HBO GO is a no go for me...I am pretty much addicted to that now.

I might even start Game of Thrones.
I have my PS3 set up in the bedroom and I still use HBO Go on that, but it makes no sense why that app wasn't automatically available. They are still developing it from what I understand.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It does have Amazon Prime which is practically the same thing as having HBO Go, is it not?

D

Deuce

It does have Amazon Prime which is practically the same thing as having HBO Go, is it not?
Yes and No. I would say Amazon Prime is more like Netflix. Besides, HBO gives you all their shows and tons of movies that Prime doesn't have access to yet.

Top Bottom