TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
The last season?

You could tell it had no direction the way they ended the 1st season, I knew it was a lost cause but still wanted to find out "Who Killed Her" after that convoluted story concluded it was no way I was signing on for more.

It was a real shame because it was a waste of some great actors.

Did you see Rubicon? A good little show that lasted one season on AMC its worth a look.
I will take a look at Rubicon, thanks for the suggestion.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't waste your time. It was interesting, but scratched after 1 season. It will leave you unfulfilled.
Yeah it ended a bit abruptly but I think it was worth the journey, kind of like a movie that does not tie everything up at the end.

I would rather watch a compelling show that ends early than watch a show go off the cliff like The Killing did, but I realize some people need the resolution to be satisfied.

Carl

RIP Brother
Warts and all, I am still watching and mildly interested in Boardwalk Empire. Will watch to the end.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Warts and all, I am still watching and mildly interested in Boardwalk Empire. Will watch to the end.
Me too. I'll watch just about anything to the end after investing years in it, for example, Dexter and True Blood.

D

Deuce

Me too. I'll watch just about anything to the end after investing years in it, for example, Dexter and True Blood.
I'm the same. Boardwalk hasn't been as good as it originally was, but at least it didn't go to complete shit like those other two.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm the same. Boardwalk hasn't been as good as it originally was, but at least it didn't go to complete shit like those other two.
Yeah, it is nowhere near as bad.

I'm guessing Nucky doesn't end up a lumberjack in BFE somewhere. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The League has started off 0-2 this year. Two sub par episodes, IMO.

If this is the best they have to offer I'm bailing after this season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched that Utopia show premiere that I recorded.

Felt guilty watching a reality show again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just finished watching the episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls that had Deion Sanders. My wife asked how old Deion was and like a fool I looked it up. Dont do that.

Thorn

Brand New Member
Yeah, it is nowhere near as bad.

I'm guessing Nucky doesn't end up a lumberjack in BFE somewhere. :lol
:lol

I don't think I've seen another show go from being so good to so incredibly bad.

Well, Californication is a pretty close runner-up.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Leftovers is another home run for HBO imo.

It probably isn't for everyone, as it doesn't answer questions (the dreaded character study), but it is masterfully done and expertly acted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Started watching The Blacklist on Netflix, 4 episodes in. Quality stuff.

Carl

RIP Brother
Colin Farrell confirmed as one part of True Detective Two. Not sure if good or bad.

Top Bottom