Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Cowboys v Titans| 09/14/14

Jiggyfly

Banned
There is a long history of high level NFL tackles interning for a year at guard first. Look at Flozell Adams. Look at Larry Allen.
Flozell Adams was always considered a top tackle prospect and Allen makes my case for me.

Allen was a good T but he was a Hall of Fame G, Martin was considered by most to be a better G prospect than T, I would rather keep him at his best position which he looks like he can play at an elite level.

Martin might be able to play the same at tackle, but I would not be so hell bent on moving him just because.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm not "wrong", I didn't say he played poorly, but I don't give a shit what PFF has him ranked, he had previously done nothing in his career and was invisible in the preseason, he's gotta show up a lot more before I pencil him in as a starter.
Sorry but your track record on grading d-linemen leaves a lot be desired and its obvious you have not watched Crawford because he was not invisible in preseason he had a sack and showed good pressure several times.

And this coming from a guy who was always pumping up Marcus Spears.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sean Payton wasn't very happy with Fat Rob yesterday.

I was thinking about Ryan and the Saints defense yesterday. That's two weeks in a row that his defense has fallen apart.

What makes it worse is the Browns were basically playing with a bunch of nothing at the skill positions and Jordan Cameron didn't play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sean Payton wasn't very happy with Fat Rob yesterday.

This is the kind of reaction that The Garrett 9000 would never be able to do unless the emotion chip gets an emergency override.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Where did you hear we don't see Martin as a tackle?
Broaddus has mentioned it and there is the obvious reality that we never, not once, worked him at tackle in camp. He got work at center, but never at tackle.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Flozell Adams was always considered a top tackle prospect
So was Martin... in fact Martin was a top half of the first round pick, Flozell slid to the second.

Martin was considered by most to be a better G prospect than T
Not from what I read.

I would rather keep him at his best position which he looks like he can play at an elite level.
If he's an elite guard vs an average tackle, yeah, obviously you want him at guard. But there's nothing to indicate he won't be excellent at tackle and I think all indications are he can play there very well.

At this point, he's worth more to us there if he can play both at a high level.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sorry but your track record on grading d-linemen leaves a lot be desired
Only if you cherry pick what my track record is, as you are currently doing.

In any case, it's still foolish to pencil in Crawford as a future starter before he makes a pretty big leap.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Broaddus has mentioned it and there is the obvious reality that we never, not once, worked him at tackle in camp. He got work at center, but never at tackle.
Broaddus is hit or miss, I have the displeasure of listening to him every day in the car now that I drive so much for work with that podcast the website does.

I don't buy it. I think Martin slides out to tackle next year and we bring in a guard. Either mid round draft pick or a FA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus is hit or miss, I have the displeasure of listening to him every day in the car now that I drive so much for work with that podcast the website does.

I don't buy it. I think Martin slides out to tackle next year and we bring in a guard. Either mid round draft pick or a FA.
That might be the case, but the information from Broaddus, plus our complete lack of interest at getting him any work at tackle makes me think we are thinking otherwise.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'm not "wrong", I didn't say he played poorly, but I don't give a shit what PFF has him ranked, he had previously done nothing in his career and was invisible in the preseason, he's gotta show up a lot more before I pencil him in as a starter.
You're wrong.

1bigfan13

Staff member
After yesterday's game Charles Woodson lit into the Raiders and called them an embarrassment.

For some reason this video popped into my mind because I can see Raider fan's reaction to Woodson's comments being like the guy in the video at the 21 second mark.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope the Colts squash the Eagles.

They had no business winning that game last week against the Jags.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hope the Colts squash the Eagles.

They had no business winning that game last week against the Jags.
I have McCoy and need him to have a huge game in order for me to beat Deuce.....I hope McCoy gets shut down.

Go Colts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think McCoy will get his. But Foles is the guy I expect to lay an egg.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Seems like every time I sit down to watch a Colts game they start off slow.

Like it takes them a few series to figure out what their opponents are throwing at them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Colts D seems to be retreating an awful lot, like they know they don't have the speed to compete.

Probably don't.

The Eagles OL is beat up and there is zero rush from the Colts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching Napoleon Foles run the read option makes me angry.

Top Bottom