Jerry Jones blind to enemy colors, why fans are turned off by Cowboys

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you guys recall this?

In the case of January's game, the Seahawks limited ticket sales only to credit cards with addresses in the states of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii, as well as the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta.
Yep. I made mention of it just yesterday on the game day thread. This the sign of an owner that wants to win at all costs. Even if it means losing a little bit of gameday revenue.

hstour

Brand New Member
That was for playoff tickets not claimed by season ticket holders. I bet if you live in NY and want to pay the PSL and seat costs, they would be glad to sell to you.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I disagree. It looked to me they were having trouble hearing calls when they were near the endzone. Romo shouldn't have to stand there covering the holes on his helmet to try and hear calls from the sidelines. Or have to shout signals at the line while the OTs are looking back at him. For that to happen on your own field is pretty pathetic.
Yep and you know he had to notice it. I was sitting here wondering why it was so loud when our offense was on the field until they panned to the one end zone and showed a sea of red. I couldn't believe it myself, especially for a home opener.

It was pathetic and reminded me of the Steelers game a couple of years ago. We eked out the win but Steelers fans owned the stadium. Two of the most despised opponents for anyone that's been a fan over thirty years taking over your home turf. It's just freaking sad.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry treats the truth like Ray Rice treats his dates

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. I made mention of it just yesterday on the game day thread. This the sign of an owner that wants to win at all costs. Even if it means losing a little bit of gameday revenue.
I don't know if it's the same but years ago when I was in college I called the Cowboys on the first day of ticket sales but they wouldn't sell to me because I lived outside the state.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know if it's the same but years ago when I was in college I called the Cowboys on the first day of ticket sales but they wouldn't sell to me because I lived outside the state.
I think what some may be missing is there are probably thousands of SF fans that live in this area. They well cold have bought a ton of tickets. This area is made up of people from all over th USA and other continents. I wouldn't take a lot of effort to get several thousand to a Cowboys game wearing opponents colors.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
San Francisco fans say stadium takeover was planned

Posted: Sep 08, 2014 11:51 AM CDT
Updated: Sep 08, 2014 1:58 PM CDT
By: myfoxdfw.com Staff - email

DALLAS - The Dallas Cowboys season did not get off to a great start during Sunday's 28 to 17 loss against the San Francisco 49ers.

And one thing fans couldn't help but notice was the huge number of fans wearing red inside the AT&T Stadium. Thousands of 49ers fans made plenty of noise for what seemed like a home field disadvantage.

Monday morning a lot of those fans were at Dallas Love Field Airport getting ready to head home and they were savoring the win and remarkable show of support for their team.

“Yes sir, it was overwhelming. It's Cowboys Stadium, but we made it our own. Niners country now,” said Mike Blanco, a 49ers fan from El Paso.

“It was an awesome experience. We knew we were coming to take over the city, but to see it in person was awesome,” added Misty Downer, a fan from Florida.

The San Francisco fans said their turnout was facilitated by a nationwide network on social media called The Niner Empire.

After the game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he didn't notice anything unusual about the fans. He said he was only interested in the game and didn't pay attention to the stands.

data

Forbes #1
Can't wait for Jerruh to inevitably comment about the crowd - "Did you hear the excitement in the stands when Dez Bryant caught that TD?"

"I thought you didn't pay attention to the stands?"

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I think that is what I said the reporters should be addressing instead of trying to find some silly question tailored to try to embarrass.

What? Why shouldn't he be embarrassed? I say keep the heat on his bitch ass.

Cotton

Staff member
I think what some may be missing is there are probably thousands of SF fans that live in this area. They well cold have bought a ton of tickets. This area is made up of people from all over th USA and other continents. I wouldn't take a lot of effort to get several thousand to a Cowboys game wearing opponents colors.
50k?

Cotton

Staff member
Are you saying there were that many 49 er fans at the game. What's your source?
It's been estimated by quite a few people that is was about 50/50 in attendance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What? Why shouldn't he be embarrassed? I say keep the heat on his bitch ass.
That's not my point. I should like to think that a professional journalist would be above petty games and ask some really hard questions. To me it displays an irresponsibility and unprofessional approach to reporting. It was a wrong priority question. That said it is just my opinion and one an accept it or disagree.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Are you saying there were that many 49 er fans at the game. What's your source?
A few people on the dallascowboys.com shows today (people who are part of the shows, not random people calling in) said minimum of 40% SF fans, if not a bit higher. They were in the stadium.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shit, all you had to do was look. Every time they panned the crowd, it looked like it was at least 50/50. Some sections looked more like 75/25 red. And that's not even taking in to consideration the sound we could hear. Sure sounded louder when the Cowboys were on offense, than it did when they were on defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit, all you had to do was look. Every time they panned the crowd, it looked like it was at least 50/50. Some sections looked more like 75/25 red. And that's not even taking in to consideration the sound we could hear. Sure sounded louder when the Cowboys were on offense, than it did when they were on defense.

Hey, hard to tell. Who is counting?

All in all, the easy idiot thing to do is blame the fans.

Ultimately at the end of the day, it is Jones and the culture he created with the stadium.

The average shit kicking redneck that might have been able to buy a ticket 20 years ago can't now.

I am pretty sure it was harder to sell a Texas Stadium ticket than it is a JerryWorld one.

So, you have suit and tie, corporate types and most are not going to go to the games unless the team is winning. So they sell to the same out of town type who is going to be passionate but has the cash.

Thus, the tickets get sold online and that is what you see.

The NFL is not a hometown thing anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What I saw was that most of them were in the upper stands and the end zone SRO section. The vast majority of the medium and lower sections were occupied by Cowboys fans.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What I saw was that most of them were in the upper stands and the end zone SRO section. The vast majority of the medium and lower sections were occupied by Cowboys fans.
Source? I didn't see it that way.

Top Bottom