2007 revisited.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When I look back at that game I think we lost for a couple of reasons mainly these.

Tried to change identity and become a running team.

Romo never got into a rhythm and then locked up when he had to pass.

Barber ran out of gas in the 2nd half.

I think the whole Cabo thing had an effect but that's just because it added pressure to a close game. I think if we played our normal gameplan we beat the Giants easily.

I also think this was the 1st signs of Garret trying to be too cute at times.

Anybody see it differently?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The change in identity was no big deal, we were doing very well.

The problem was the defensive collapse on the Toomer TD and especially to close out out the half...thanks Alan Ball.

All in all, that was a team that definitely ate their own cheese and expected the Giants to roll over and die especially since we beat them twice.

There was also the Owens gimpiness and the Terry Glenn waste of time.

Jiggyfly

Banned

The problem was the defensive collapse on the Toomer TD and especially to close out out the half...thanks Alan Ball.

All in all, that was a team that definitely ate their own cheese and expected the Giants to roll over and die especially since we beat them twice.

I think they burned Barber out he left a lot of yards on the field in the second half.

And until recently Romo has always needed to get a rhythm, I think that hurt him down the stretch.

But yeah eating the cheese was probably the biggest issue especially knowing those guys the way we do now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah there were a lot of plays that turned the game but I don't think it should have been that close.
Yeah, the targeting of Crayton is what people who are lazy at analysis did and still continue to do with that game. There were a variety of factors that cost us. Crayton "giving up" on a desperation throw is but a small part of it in a total loss.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yep, that drive at the end of the first half was huge.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

- The ref's mistaking Ware's speed for being offsides turning 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 1. Toomer's TD came on this drive.

- Jaques Reeves... WTF?? Giants score a TD from within their own ten with :47 to go to tie the game.

- Gurode's injury caused problems when the Giants attacked inside.

- Romo didn't see Owens open in the redzone and we scored 3 when it should have been 7.

- Leonard Davis personal foul taking back a key 3rd down conversion just as the Cowboys offense got rolling.

- Patrick Crayton's drop immediately after.

- Meltdown punt and coverage to give the Giants life.

- Patrick Crayton's abandoned pattern for the LOSS.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We scored three points in the entire second half. One single field goal. Major fail.

Two of the worst calls I've ever seen: The Davis personal foul for blocking Gap Toof when Tony had just let the ball out of his hand, and the intentional grounding called when Tony threw the ball OOB with no one around him. The first rule of IG is that you're trying to avoid a sack.

Wasn't that the game when the ball bounced off Fasano's face on the goal line? :doh

Agree that Barber got burned out. Not sure why they started him. Maybe it wasn't that bad an idea, but they should have spelled him with Jones sooner and more often than they did.

I do think the Crayton drop in the third quarter or whenever was way overblown. Yes, it would've been a first down. No, he wouldn't have scored like Troy claimed, or even come close. Crayton was a 4.6 guy on his best day. Troy is always making wild claims like that after plays.

I still don't beat the team up for that as much as most. That Giants team didn't beat us and then get blown out the next game, they also went to Green Bay and beat Favre when Coughlin's face almost froze off and then of course beat the 17-0 Pats team. Just a charmed run for them that I doubt anyone else could have done.

Last edited:

kidd

DCC 4Life
- The ref's mistaking Ware's speed for being offsides turning 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 1. Toomer's TD came on this drive.

- Jaques Reeves... WTF?? Giants score a TD from within their own ten with :47 to go to tie the game.

- Gurode's injury caused problems when the Giants attacked inside.

- Romo didn't see Owens open in the redzone and we scored 3 when it should have been 7.

- Leonard Davis personal foul taking back a key 3rd down conversion just as the Cowboys offense got rolling.

- Patrick Crayton's drop immediately after.

- Meltdown punt and coverage to give the Giants life.

- Patrick Crayton's abandoned pattern for the LOSS.
I also remember a taunting penalty on (I think it was) Burnette that kept the Giants' drive alive before the 1st half ended.

There was also an intentional grounding penalty on Romo when he threw the ball out of bounds. I remember it turned a 3rd and manageable in to a 3rd and long.

data

Forbes #1
Why the fuck would you do this?

Let's start a "The Catch" thread afterwards.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
On the opening drive of the 2nd half where we went up 17-14, Romo was off on what should have been an easy TD to Owens on a drag route but Romo threw it high and over him.

So many plays led to us losing that game, but ultimately, we just weren't mentally ready to win that type of game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why the fuck would you do this?

Let's start a "The Catch" thread afterwards.
Yeah, I hate this thread.

A lot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Tony's banged up thumb and Jessica Simpson were harbingers of doom

Top Bottom