Six Cowboys Named To Pro Bowl

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's very possible, if not probable that this OL will be better, or at least have more longevity than the group in the 90's considering their age. The problem is that Romo is nearing the end, if he was 28 I'd have no doubts that we would win a Super Bowl on the back of this OL.

townsend

Banned
It's very possible, if not probable that this OL will be better, or at least have more longevity than the group in the 90's considering their age. The problem is that Romo is nearing the end, if he was 28 I'd have no doubts that we would win a Super Bowl on the back of this OL.
I'm pretty concerned with our QB replacement search. We haven't scouted a decent QB in a decade.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty concerned with our QB replacement search. We haven't scouted a decent QB in a decade.
It looks to be another one similar to the post Aikman fail era.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks to be another one similar to the post Aikman fail era.
The only difference is the O-line will still be top notch when Romo leaves. By the time Aikman was done our O-line was falling apart.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
With this line, Romo could remain healthy enough to outplay Learys and Fredericks rookie contracts. Who knows who the RT will be then?

data

Forbes #1
The current OL is better in my opinion because they can sustain their assignments longer.
This O-line for one season may be better then any single season that 90's O-line had.
Yeah that's what they used to tell me when I said Witten was better than Novacek a few years back.
It's very possible, if not probable that this OL will be better...
With what I've been reading, is it fair to say that this is the franchise's greatest offense?

1. An OL comparable to, if not better than, the Great Wall.
2. Demarco Murray about to break Emmitt's 1,773 yards
3. Witten's better than Novacek
4. Romo's season shatters any year Staubach/Aikman had.
5. Combination of Dez, TWill & Beasley better than Irvin, Harper, scrub or Pearson, Hill, scrub

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
With what I've been reading, is it fair to say that this is the franchise's greatest offense?

5. Combination of Romo, TWill & Beasley better than Irvin, Harper, scrub or Pearson, Hill, scrub
Murray isn't anywhere close to Emmitt. And that's okay, but it makes all the difference when comparing this team with the 90s team. Emmitt was the greatest running back of all time and the only guy who could have been a part of that dynasty. The next best RB would not have gotten us there.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

5. Combination of Romo, TWill & Beasley better than Irvin, Harper, scrub or Pearson, Hill, scrub
Every team is having their best offensive season ever since defense is against the rules now.

Also, Butch Johnson wasn't a scrub.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Don't look at the people look at the results. My comments were about the offensive line personnel. It seems to have evolved to a comparison of the teams. That wasn't what my comment was about.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Don't look at the people look at the results. My comments were about the offensive line personnel. It seems to have evolved to a comparison of the teams. That wasn't what my comment was about.
Looking at the results, adjusted for inflation (not raw numbers), this offense is a Top 7 offense in the league this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Looking at the results, adjusted for inflation (not raw numbers), this offense is a Top 7 offense in the league this year.
I am comparing the OL with the 90s OL not the rest of the teams in the league.

Top Bottom