Redskins Stuff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't really care if we win or not. Let them sweep and then take their asses back home to watch us in the playoffs.
Damn right.

Fuck "bragging rights". We've got bigger things to worry about than sacrificing our players' health in a meaningless game vs a team headed nowhere fast.

You can have the sweep, and we'll keep our division title. Kthxbai

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Damn right.

Fuck "bragging rights". We've got bigger things to worry about than sacrificing our players' health in a meaningless game vs a team headed nowhere fast.

You can have the sweep, and we'll keep our division title. Kthxbai
I want the Cowboys to keep getting better. Romo needs practice avoiding the blitz and this is the perfect opportunity.

If there's a major injury, then I'm wrong, but teams that don't play are out of practice and lose their edge.

These days the NFL playoffs are all about who's healthiest and hottest at the end of the year. Dallas is healthy, so they need to play.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm in the "let them play" crowd.

I get it there are injury concerns but there's also something to be said for maintaining your edge.

The Patriots have nothing to play for and their starters are playing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I want the Cowboys to keep getting better. Romo needs practice avoiding the blitz and this is the perfect opportunity.

If there's a major injury, then I'm wrong, but teams that don't play are out of practice and lose their edge.

These days the NFL playoffs are all about who's healthiest and hottest at the end of the year. Dallas is healthy, so they need to play.
Injuries happen in the game. Even if you rest some this week they could get beaned on the first play of the playoff game. While I agree there is a reduced risk by sitting some, I think the benefit of actual playing out weighs the inactivity.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Injuries happen in the game. Even if you rest some this week they could get beaned on the first play of the playoff game. While I agree there is a reduced risk by sitting some, I think the benefit of actual playing out weighs the inactivity.
Yep

p1_

DCC 4Life
This game is the equivalent of a preseason game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This game is the equivalent of a preseason game.
Preseason went really badly for us and left us horribly unprepared for the first game of the season. Jesus, I think I'd rather treat this Skins game like a regular season game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Preseason went really badly for us and left us horribly unprepared for the first game of the season. Jesus, I think I'd rather treat this Skins game like a regular season game.
That's my thoughts as well. At least enough to keep the edge.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I meant in terms of its importance. A victory is relatively insignificant. What do we gain by a win? IMHO, it's pretty much nada. Therefore, much like a preseason game that counts for naught.

Carp

DCC 4Life
All in all I don't think we played terribly in the first game. Romo was bad and rusty...but we established our run game pretty well in the game and set the tone for it being a big part of our success this season. At this point I think the time off would do Romo much more good than bad. He clearly is better at this point in the season with full rest and treatment. It would do Murray good too...give him fresh legs for the playoffs...although I know they are going to try and get him the single season Cowboys rushing record.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, it's not like they won't be practicing. They will be. If they sit them, they just won't be subject to injury.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And, it's not like they won't be practicing. They will be. If they sit them, they just won't be subject to injury.
If injury is the bugaboo then better not practice. Players get hurt there as well. Maybe Dallas could get a lot of free agents to play the Skins a let the troops go to Disney World next week. :art

Carp

DCC 4Life
I get people wanting to have guys play, but Free will be out, Murray is limited, Martin is limited...no need to put Romo out there in harms way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get people wanting to have guys play, but Free will be out, Murray is limited, Martin is limited...no need to put Romo out there in harms way.
A valid argument can be made either way. Everyone will hate to hear this but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't doubt they play. Just don't want no damn Cabo trips this time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jason Garrett explains why Cowboys’ Tony Romo will play vs. Washington

David Moore 

Published: December 25, 2014 6:07 pm

It’s unlikely that the Cowboys, win or lose, will be able to escape the No. 3 seed in the NFC. They face an opponent in the regular season finale that has broken Tony Romo’s back — literally — the last two times these teams have met.

So why play Romo?

“There’s a playoff scenario with us winning the game that will give us an opportunity to get a first-round bye so we’re going to take advantage of what we can take advantage of,’’ head coach Jason Garrett said. “There are 16 opportunities to play and guys who are healthy are going to play in this game and practice this week and play in the game. Ballgames are important to us.’’

And what about the argument that this game is as close to meaningless as a team can get?

“There are no meaningless games,’’ Garrett said.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jason Garrett explains why Cowboys’ Tony Romo will play vs. Washington

David Moore 

Published: December 25, 2014 6:07 pm

It’s unlikely that the Cowboys, win or lose, will be able to escape the No. 3 seed in the NFC. They face an opponent in the regular season finale that has broken Tony Romo’s back — literally — the last two times these teams have met.

So why play Romo?

“There’s a playoff scenario with us winning the game that will give us an opportunity to get a first-round bye so we’re going to take advantage of what we can take advantage of,’’ head coach Jason Garrett said. “There are 16 opportunities to play and guys who are healthy are going to play in this game and practice this week and play in the game. Ballgames are important to us.’’

And what about the argument that this game is as close to meaningless as a team can get?

“There are no meaningless games,’’ Garrett said.
Didn't have to wait long.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dallas needs to play full speed as if they needed this game. Frankly they need to show Washington who's dad in this division.

They need to quash that deep pass weakness and learn to protect against Haslett's stupidly unbalanced but well-disguised blitzes.

Dallas needs this game to prove themselves and to keep getting better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom