Redskins Stuff...

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Who knows what is the correct thing to do but my guess is that there is the possibility of enhancing the playoff position and I think k that will be incentive to go for it. I know the players want a pound of flesh from last meeting loss.
The only way that this game can impact our playoff positioning is if GB-Detroit ends in a tie. Otherwise, we are the 3 seed win or lose (unless both Seattle / Arizona both lose, in which case we are the 2 seed whether we win or lose). I'm not against playing the regulars as I don't want them to lose their momentum, but I'd be awfully careful with Romo against that blitzing defense. Plus we could be playing on Wild Card Saturday, and we all know Romo doesn't play well on a short week, so better to keep him fresh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:zzz

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
I play Romo, Dez and Witten for 3 quarters-- 4 if it's close. If we go up by 3 TDs-- I'd play the backups. The tough one is Murray. I'd let him get enough yards to break Emmitt's record and then see where he's at.

I like Garrett focusing them on one game at a time. Sure-- someone could get hurt. But we could also rest the starters and they could come out flat in the playoffs. I like the confidence that Garrett is displaying and he's got them thinking the right way. Besides-- I hate the Skins and we owe them some payback. Also-- on a personal note--I need Romo and Dez for my fantasy championship, so I hope they play on Sun.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You posted it. :art
I don't always post my opinion when I post tweets and articles. It helps encourage others to reply with their opinions while not replicating mine. It's all about board activity most times. I usually put my input in after some discussion has been had.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't always post my opinion when I post tweets and articles. It helps encourage others to reply with their opinions while not replicating mine. It's all about board activity most times. I usually put my input in after some discussion has been had.
We'll it didn't affect me as a sleeper. It's an old rivalry that gets us old timers riled. :art

Cotton

Staff member
We'll it didn't affect me as a sleeper. It's an old rivalry that gets us old timers riled. :art
It would get me riled if it wasn't a WGAS game.

Cotton

Staff member
There is no WGAS games in a rivalry.
There is to me. We can get beat 45-0 as long as all of our players come out healthy. The absolute only reason I would care about us getting blown out is the mental part moving into the next game, but if we sit out starters not even that matters to me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is to me. We can get beat 45-0 as long as all of our players come out healthy. The absolute only reason I would care about us getting blown out is the mental part moving into the next game, but if we sit out starters not even that matters to me.
Que Sara.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The slurs swept us in our last season that ended with a Super Bowl win in the desert.

I hide every starter's helmet.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Anyone willing to roll over for these guys?
Don't look at it as rolling over for them, look at it as saying they aren't worth our time. We'll let the backups handle the light work and you can watch us in the playoffs from home

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Are you going to care that we lost to the slurs twice if we are playing in the Super Bowl?
If we play in the SB I probably will not but I still have aggressive feelings when it comes to the old established rivalry matches. Heck, I still remember Sam Huff talking trash.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I remember back about as far as the Joe Gibbs redskins. John Riggins was a beast and I hated him with a blind passion. Theisman (sp?) sucked donkey balls. I wanted to choke every member of the fun bunch. I hated the redskins more than any other team back then, even compared to my ever-present hatred for the Eagles.

But times change. As much as we complain about the past 18 years, the redskins have not been a legitimate super bowl threat since 1991. Let that sink in. That goes a long way towards turning a rivalry tepid.

That aside, we have a real chance at making some playoff noise this year. It makes no sense to jeopardize that over a rivalry that is ultimately meaningless. That would be very, very shortsighted.

The biggest key is keeping Romo healthy. I would play him, but because I think it's important to stay within the rhythm of the season. And I would be very conservative with him and run the ball as much as possible. Stick with short drops and quick dumpoffs when the redskins show all out blitz. And throw a lot more often on first down to throw them off balance, which may help us avoid the house blizes more.

Landry

DCC 4Life
Waiting to get out of work,(early hopefully). Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
12-4 would be nice but wouldn't press my luck. We've been very fortunate with injuries this year no reason to double down when, ultimately, this game means jack and shit. I let the starters play until i start seeing things I don't like. No matter what I have the majority of them pulled with 5-10 minutes left.

Top Bottom