Redskins Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jason Garrett: Dallas Cowboys starters will play in Week 17

Jon Machota Email jmachota@dallasnews.com

Published: December 22, 2014 4:13 pm

IRVING – Expect the Dallas Cowboys starters to play Sunday at Washington.

Despite a postseason berth being secured with Sunday’s win over the Indianapolis Colts, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said during his Monday press conference that he did not plan on resting players for the season finale.

“You play guys,” Garrett said. “You get 16 opportunities and you go play and go try and play your best football.”

Garrett never elaborated on how long the starters would play against Washington.

“What we’re going to do is we’re going to practice as well as we can practice and go play our best football game,” Garrett added. “We play the early game up there so all the scenarios everybody is talking about no one will know what those are, so we got to go play our best football.”

Garrett said the Cowboys came out of the Indianapolis game “really well” in the injury department.

“Our football team – we need to play,” Garrett said. “We need to go play and play well.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Another demon to kill-- Haslet's over-the-top blitzes. Romo and Garrett have too often looked unprepared for them since 2012.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Officials breakdown: Jerome Boger
December, 23, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Jerome Boger’s crew will call Sunday’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins.

It will be the second time the Cowboys see Boger this season. He called the Week 7 win against the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys were penalized six times for 46 yards, while the Giants had six penalties for 40 yards.

Since 2010, the Cowboys are 2-2 with Boger as the official. The Cowboys have been penalized 29 times for 221 yards. Their opponents have had 19 penalties for 126 yards.

Boger’s crew was off in Week 16. It last worked the Oakland Raiders-Kansas City Chiefs game in Week 15, calling 25 penalties with 21 accepted for 159 yards. The Raiders were penalized 10 times for 75 yards. The Chiefs had 11 for 84 yards.

The breakdown:

Offensive pass interference -- 2
Offensive holding- 5
Illegal use of hands -- 4
False start -- 3
Delay of game -- 1
Illegal block above the waist -- 2
Defensive holding -- 2
Roughing the passer -- 1
Offside -- 2
Illegal contact -- 1
Defensive pass interference -- 1
Unnecessary roughness -- 1

Quarter by quarter:

First -- 6
Second -- 7
Third -- 6
Fourth -- 6

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
taking romo out of this game completely could screw with the chemistry the team has had for the past month. I think he should play 3 quarters, 4 if it's close

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Another demon to kill-- Haslet's over-the-top blitzes. Romo and Garrett have too often looked unprepared for them since 2012.
The Colts tried to load the box and blitz like Haslett. It didn't work out for them.

GShock

DCC 4Life
taking romo out of this game completely could screw with the chemistry the team has had for the past month. I think he should play 3 quarters, 4 if it's close
Romo has sustained significant back injuries the past two times we played the slurs, missing the next game each time. I don't think there is a chemical equation that can compensate for Brandon Weeden having to start a playoff game.

Haslett blitzes getting off the bus, and all it takes is one bust, one Joseph Randle blown assignment, and our playoff hopes will be writhing on the fetid turf next to RGIII's career.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Romo has sustained significant back injuries the past two times we played the slurs, missing the next game each time. I don't think there is a chemical equation that can compensate for Brandon Weeden having to start a playoff game.

Haslett blitzes getting off the bus, and all it takes is one bust, one Joseph Randle blown assignment, and our playoff hopes will be writhing on the fetid turf next to RGIII's career.
I play Romo....and if he starts taking hits due to our OL failing to pick up blitzers like in our last meeting, I get him out of there ASAP.

Cotton

Staff member

I agree. I wouldn't even come close to subjecting Romo to that opportunity for pain.

Cotton

Staff member
I play Romo....and if he starts taking hits due to our OL failing to pick up blitzers like in our last meeting, I get him out of there ASAP.
It only takes one hit and we are staring at Brandon f'ing Weeden leading us into the playoffs. This game is virtually meaningless. No reason at all in mind to risk it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But there needs to be a test for Dallas to see if they have solved the problem of a loaded box and this game presents that opportunity. If they have solved it fine then have some ride the pine. If they haven't solved it then the schemes for the playoff opponents are set and it will rain on the Cowboys all the way home. They almost have to put the starters in for a time long enough to find out.

Cotton

Staff member
But there needs to be a test for Dallas to see if they have solved the problem of a loaded box and this game presents that opportunity. If they have solved it fine then have some ride the pine. If they haven't solved it then the schemes for the playoff opponents are set and it will rain on the Cowboys all the way home. They almost have to put the starters in for a time long enough to find out.
To hell with that. We won't face another Haslett type defense anywhere in the playoffs. I see zero reason to "find out" anything.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To hell with that. We won't face another Haslett type defense anywhere in the playoffs. I see zero reason to "find out" anything.
Teams will adapt to what works. The loaded box is a simple thing to morph to without changing th entire schemes. It a triggered situational call.

Cotton

Staff member
Teams will adapt to what works. The loaded box is a simple thing to morph to without changing th entire schemes. It a triggered situational call.
I don't risk the playoffs over something that has already been exposed. Let them try to expose it again with a backup QB getting run over.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Indy loaded the box and left Williams and Witten in single coverage. They got lit up bad. I think that counts as solved.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who knows what is the correct thing to do but my guess is that there is the possibility of enhancing the playoff position and I think k that will be incentive to go for it. I know the players want a pound of flesh from last meeting loss.

townsend

Banned
If this scheme had exposed us we wouldn't be riding a 3 game winning streak. We just whipped two winning teams who had all the opportunity in the world to exploit whatever weaknesses the first game revealed. I don't see what new advantage film of scrubs losing would give our opponents.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone willing to roll over for these guys?

Cotton

Staff member
Anyone willing to roll over for these guys?
I don't really care if we win or not. Let them sweep and then take their asses back home to watch us in the playoffs.

Top Bottom