2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm literally happy that the Sooners are getting their asses kicked at home.

They deserve to get stomped out for this pathetic display of coaching. They are literally giving Baylor 7 free yards every play. Petty and the Bears aren't doing anything special.

They're just taking the free 7 yards because the OU DBs are playing 10 yards off the line.

Not once have I seen a DB get up and press a WR to throw off their rhythm. I guess that would require them to actually make an adjustment rather than being stubborn idiots.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Petty is just on fire right now and the defense is actually playing like a real defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Petty is just on fire right now and the defense is actually playing like a real defense.
Uhh...I wouldn't prop Petty just yet. He hasn't done anything special.

You have to admit that you and I could move the ball on Oklahoma with the soft defense they're playing.

Literally all we'd have to do is take the snap and throw to a wide open WR for an easy 7 yards. DBs are playing 10-15 yards off the ball and refuse to play the DBs tighter. Brandon Weeden would light these guys up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

You have to admit that you and I could move the ball on Oklahoma with the soft defense they're playing.

Literally all we'd have to do is take the snap and throw to a wide open WR for an easy 7 yards. DBs are playing 10-15 yards off the ball and refuse to play the DBs tighter. Brandon Weeden would light these guys up.
Okay, now let's not get carried away.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

You have to had watched Baylor this season to know that that isnt a given with Petty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Someone should probably go check on 1big to make sure he is okay.

D

Deuce

Herbstreit called Az St the most overrated team in the top 10. They are making him look like a fool right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Someone should probably go check on 1big to make sure he is okay.
Nah, dude, I'm good. I'm officially done with Bob Stoops' Sooners.

After the Sugar Bowl I tried giving them another chance but it's pretty clear that he's taken the program as far as he can take it. Competing for championships is a thing of the past. We're now a program that will always finish with at least 3 or 4 losses. So I'm done fooling myself into thinking next year will be different.

I'm glad they got the shit kicked out of them at home. Now maybe the fans and media will start pushing for him to take his outdated and ineffective coaching elsewhere. Which is what's needed to really force change. Otherwise he's just going to stay in Norman with no incentive to improve or leave.

I know [MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION] doesn't agree with me because he'll point to how bad the Sooners were prior to Stoops arrival but at what does routinely finishing with 3 or 4 losses become tiring. Sometimes you have to tear down a structure to build it up into a stronger structure. I'd be perfectly fine sitting through a few lean years while the new guy cleans up Stoops' mess.

The program is in a rut and needs a fresh start under different leadership. If we're not willing to do that then it's more years of watching the program spin its wheels, while collecting Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl births. :jerk

I understand that there's a lot more parity than there was 10-20 years ago, but college football's parity only highlights Stoops warts, IMO. Now that he doesn't have teams that are full of All-Americans he's struggling to beat the Baylors and K-States of the league. Because neither he, nor his brother, or Josh Heupel (the OC) have the ability to routinely out-coach their opponents. The talent field is fairly even and Stoops and crew have shown an inability to out-scheme their counterparts.

That defensive series on the first possession of the 2nd half was the last straw for me. It was the most embarrassing and passive defensive play calling that I've seen in a long time.....maybe ever. I'm sure the local media will have fun writing about that drive because it was truly pathetic and perfectly illustrates the incompetence that the OU football program is saddled with.

/Rant

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
My boy just sent me a text that made me laugh because it was so true.

He said Oklahoma could have had Richard Sherman at RCB, Revis at LCB, and Joe Haden in the slot and they still wouldn't have been able to stop Baylor due to all the cushion the OU coaching staff gave to Baylor's WRs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope TCU take care of business today, because they'll have an excellent shot at a playoff spot after Auburn loses at home to an unranked team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great run. :towel

One of the few times you'll see me pulling for the Aggies.

D

Deuce

I hope TCU take care of business today, because they'll have an excellent shot at a playoff spot after Auburn loses at home to an unranked team.
If Bama beats Auburn, they just steal the spot. Plus with Az St looking as impressive as they were today, they will be in the 1 loss mix too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Bama beats Auburn, they just steal the spot. Plus with Az St looking as impressive as they were today, they will be in the 1 loss mix too.
No Texas A & M is elite and stuff so the loss shouldn't hurt Auburn much in the rankings.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If TCU beats another top 10 team, they deserve to definitely be higher than Arizona State.

They're already ranked higher than them and would be beating a team ranked higher than the one they beat today, so there is no way they would deserve to be put ahead of TCU.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If they are ranking these teams fairly, and chances are they are not, then Auburn should fall all the way down to 9 or 10 because they just lost at home to an unranked team who looked like pure shit coming into this game.

If there is no SEC bias, then Auburn should be a 9 or 10th ranked team at best after tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom