Crisp - Report: Josh Brent Will Be Disciplined by NFL

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm bitching about why we are where we are. We shouldn't have to rely on JAGs like Brent to "save" our defense. It's ridiculous.
Well it way past doing anything about that. The issue here and now is how does Dallas find folks that can help now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well it way past doing anything about that. The issue here and now is how does Dallas find folks that can help now.
I will bitch about this defensive catastrophe all season, so you may as well either ignore my posts or settle yourself to read them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If he is ready to actually play its Hayden or Bishop and that decision will not have to be made until week 11.
It should be Hayden and it shouldn't even be a question.

Bishop has potential to be more than the worst starting DT in football.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Absolutely. Brent has been made out to be this savior when he is average.
He was turning into a plus run defender and an ideal 3-4 NT or 4-3 one gapper. The kind of player I would have had no problem penciling in as the starter moving forward, at the time of the incident.

Let's see what he's like when he returns.

Cotton

Staff member
He was turning into a plus run defender and an ideal 3-4 NT or 4-3 one gapper. The kind of player I would have had no problem penciling in as the starter moving forward, at the time of the incident.

Let's see what he's like when he returns.
Yeah, we'll see. 2 years off is significant in a players abilities when he was barely above average to begin with.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

This marginal POS has some balls when he has a powerful owner firmly in his corner.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The deal is that they can't.

That is why they are campaigning for hope with Brent.

And maybe Spencer returns like microfracture surgery doesn't mean anything.

And maybe Lawrence steps back on the field as a rookie and just is a hit after missing most of his first NFL training camp.

All that Jerry Jones can ever do is sell hope like snake oil.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So you think he wouldn't appeal this if Zygi Wilf was his owner?
I think he wouldn't be relevant with Wilf as his owner.

In fact, that guy would be like, fuck it, let's move on.

You know, like most normal people would do when a player is really not worth the battle.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

And maybe Lawrence steps back on the field as a rookie and just is a hit after missing most of his first NFL training camp.

Maybe there is no relief in sight but how does continuing to lament about the past ineptness help?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe there is no relief in sight but how does continuing to lament about the past ineptness help?
About the same as waiting for the results to show when you know deep down it never will does.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
About the same as waiting for the results to show when you know deep down it never will does.
Ok. So you wring your hands and I will continue to cross my fingers. We will probably both be disappointed.

Cotton

Staff member
Bingo. If we aren't to discuss what led us to this point, why even have a msg board?

Cotton

Staff member
Ok. So you wring your hands and I will continue to cross my fingers. We will probably both be disappointed.
Most likely, yes.

hstour

Brand New Member

Gotta start somewhere. I believe that it was 2011 when the rebuild of the O-Line started with the drafting of Tyron Smith. The O-Line had gotten old and needed a complete rebuild. Same is applying to the DL now.

Now do I buy into Jerry doing the rebuilding, no. I think it is more of a combination of McClay, Stephen & Garrett. But they can obviously get Jerry to go along or we would have J Floozball on the team.

What I would really like to see is Garrett as GM. I think it better suits him. He is better when he has time to think things out than what happens during the pressure of game time situations.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Gotta start somewhere. I believe that it was 2011 when the rebuild of the O-Line started with the drafting of Tyron Smith. The O-Line had gotten old and needed a complete rebuild. Same is applying to the DL now.

Now do I buy into Jerry doing the rebuilding, no. I think it is more of a combination of McClay, Stephen & Garrett. But they can obviously get Jerry to go along or we would have J Floozball on the team.

What I would really like to see is Garrett as GM. I think it better suits him. He is better when he has time to think things out than what happens during the pressure of game time situations.
I don't think Garrett's going to be part of anything going forward after this season. If Jerry intended to keep him no matter what he would have given him a contract extension. When the team craters, he'll have to let his stepchild go and start the rebuilding process with a new coach, probably a defensive coach.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've said before that I think he would be a better GM than HC. I think his thought process is too slow, methodical and calculated when it comes to making snap decisions on the field, you can almost feel him freezing up in certain situations. He is a very intelligent guy in general though and I think he probably has a good overall philosophy when it comes to team-building (muddied by Jerry's idiocy of course) but I don't think he's really cut out for coaching.

I don't think he's creative enough to make adjustments on the fly in the condensed time frame that is an NFL game, nor do I think his personality really galvanizes the majority of personality types that are in the NFL.

I think he would be at his best working on a macro level, removed from the chaos that is an NFL game/locker room, where he's able to gather information and make thought out, calculated decisions.

Top Bottom