User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minimum Wage Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Both. The department I'm in at Tech, though, is self-sustaining. We don't get any funds from the University.
    Then i am confused. Is your retirement and payroll seperate or the same? My payroll was with the agency but my retirement was w i th the federal employees system.
    Since Day One

Oh well it doesnt matter. I am detracting from the topic.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Then i am confused. Is your retirement and payroll seperate or the same? My payroll was with the agency but my retirement was w i th the federal employees system.
    My retirement is with TRS, the state teacher's retirement system. My payroll comes from the department I work for, not the University. I work for Transportation and parking and our revenue is generated by parking fees and the student transportation fee. We don't see any state tax money.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    My retirement is with TRS, the state teacher's retirement system. My payroll comes from the department I work for, not the University. I work for Transportation and parking and our revenue is generated by parking fees and the student transportation fee. We don't see any state tax money.
    Thanks. So to get back on track, any unmechanized cotton pickers left in Lubbock?
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Thanks. So to get back on track, any unmechanized cotton pickers left in Lubbock?
    Nah, there are still some unmechanized weed choppers, but all of the cotton is pulled by strippers. (the non-human kind)

Problem isn't minimum wage. It's too many people at this minimum wage level. We need to figure something out to reduce the numbers of this group - willing to listen to mandated birth control that's reversible or reduced minimum health care for those that can't afford it to naturally weed out the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Problem isn't minimum wage. It's too many people at this minimum wage level. We need to figure something out to reduce the numbers of this group - willing to listen to mandated birth control that's reversible or reduced minimum health care for those that can't afford it to naturally weed out the weak.
    You mean like an all expense paid one way trip to somewhere?
    Since Day One

Your statement's too vague for me to agree/disagree with. You're too smart for me on this one, old man.

Cryptic but racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Cryptic but racist?
    Not really. Pdom indicated there were too many minimum wage people. This category isn't identified by race. It is by population.
    Since Day One