Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 9/7/14

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why is it stupid?
Why is it stupid we do it? Move your Irish back over the pond if you don't have the national pride most of us do.

data

Forbes #1
I remember getting emotional during SB XXV with Whitney Houston singing as we entered the Persian Gulf War.

That's probably why I gave my above interpretation. Something as humongous as the Super Bowl is about to start and we have to acknowledge that we are able to enjoy this event because others aren't.

Carl

RIP Brother
Not saying other people don't, but I would wager you'd have a hard time finding citizens of a country that love theirs as much as most Americans do.
Interesting. I think that is true of most countries, if not all. Perhaps, they are just not as loud in proclaiming it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I forgot there were a few soccer aficionados on here. Being in the ECS supporter section for Sounders matches is by far the coolest sporting experience I've ever had.
I'm not a big fan of MLS, but if you're gonna be a fan of an MLS team, that would be the one.

The atmosphere in the Pacific Northwest is the only one that comes close to European crowds.

Thorn

Brand New Member
I remember getting emotional during SB XX with Whitney Houston singing as we entered the Persian Gulf War.

That's probably why I gave my above interpretation. Something as humongous as the Super Bowl is about to start and we have to acknowledge that we are able to enjoy this event because others aren't.
That's a good way of looking at it.

Cotton

Staff member
I remember getting emotional during SB XXV with Whitney Houston singing as we entered the Persian Gulf War.

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

So uhhhhh, Thorn....you wouldn't happen to have a PS4 would you?

:unsure
Got mine finally today after a pretty big delay.

It's been sitting in the box all night staring at me. Just don't feel compelled to set it up.

Will get my PS+ card tomorrow and be ready to go tomorrow night.

Carl

RIP Brother
Why is it stupid we do it? Move your Irish back over the pond if you don't have the national pride most of us do.
And as predicted....20 minutes, love it or leave it. I just asked you a question. You used the word stupid, not me. I was curious that's all. Nothing malicious on my part.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seriously though...it is a tradition to play the anthem. So much has been taken away and it is a nice reminder of the great place we live. Kids can't even say the pledge of allegiance anymore in school...and tonight they celebrated with some active duty as well. Adds a perspective we sometimes forget.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Got mine finally today after a pretty big delay.

It's been sitting in the box all night staring at me. Just don't feel compelled to set it up.

Will get my PS+ card tomorrow and be ready to go tomorrow night.
I've got a PS4, too. Hooked it up a few weeks ago, and the kids have played Lego super heroes, or some shit like that. Haven't played Madden in years.

Cotton

Staff member
And as predicted....20 minutes, love it or leave it. I just asked you a question. You used the word stupid, not me. I was curious that's all. Nothing malicious on my part.
And your question was answered quite a few times over. It seems you just don't like the answer.

Top Bottom