Williams: Free Expected To Miss Two Weeks

GShock

DCC 4Life
I'll take a crack at it:

-Indoor/artificial fields makes everyone else faster and emphasizes our defenses own lack of speed: Advantage -> other teams.
-Grass surfaces are perfect for a RB like Murray whose game is based on power, and they slow every thing down allowing our defense to catch up: Advantage -> Dallas
-Adverse conditions like cold, wind, or wet surfaces harm opposing offenses which are inevitably more pass-oriented: Advantage -> Dallas

@Tenn: Outdoors, grass, bad offense
@STL: Indoors, bad offense, perfect passing conditions
@Seattle: Outdoors, bad offense
@Chicago: Outdoors, grass, cold, wind
@Philly: Outdoors, cold, wind
@Jax: Outdoors, muddy grass, wind
@NYG: Outdoors, cool, wind

ATT Stadium: Indoors, perfect passing conditions. Speedy field makes fast backs and skill positions even faster. Advantage -> other teams, especially pass-happy ones.

Brace yourselves for Sunday.
This is exactly why I'm not particularly concerned with having to go to Green Bay or Seattle.

vs. Green Bay in a virtual night game in late January with our offense as compared to theirs?

Yes, please.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is exactly why I'm not particularly concerned with having to go to Green Bay or Seattle.

vs. Green Bay in a virtual night game in late January with our offense as compared to theirs?

Yes, please.
Both Green Bay and Seattle do well at home regardless of weather. If it comes to a ground game Seattle will be the toughest because of their defense and they have a good rushing attack as well. In good weather conditions Green Bay would be the toughest opponent.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I had just as soon not have to face Seattle again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I had just as soon not have to face Seattle again.
Russell's passing game can be defended better by Dallas. The passing game by Rogers will give the Cowboys more than they can handle. Pick your poison I guess.

townsend

Banned
Both Green Bay and Seattle do well at home regardless of weather.
Aaron Rodgers has not done well in Green Bay, In January. He also stunk out loud in an otherwise perfect 2010 playoff run the one time they had to play outside in the cold.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Both Green Bay and Seattle do well at home regardless of weather. If it comes to a ground game Seattle will be the toughest because of their defense and they have a good rushing attack as well. In good weather conditions Green Bay would be the toughest opponent.
Seattle's defense lost it's toughest players in free agency. If you punch them in the mouth repeatedly they are vulnerable. My only worry is our OL and RB seem to be wearing down, which could even things up a bit.

Anyways, I expect if Dallas and Seattle play each other in the playoffs it would be in Dallas.

Green Bay is at a disadvantage at home in the playoffs as the cold and wind make passing harder, even for a QB with an arm as strong as Aaron Rodgers. I'd much rather play them there than at ATT Stadium where passing conditions are perfect

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seattle's defense lost it's toughest players in free agency. If you punch them in the mouth repeatedly they are vulnerable. My only worry is our OL and RB seem to be wearing down, which could even things up a bit.

Anyways, I expect if Dallas and Seattle play each other in the playoffs it would be in Dallas.

Green Bay is at a disadvantage at home in the playoffs as the cold and wind make passing harder, even for a QB with an arm as strong as Aaron Rodgers. I'd much rather play them there than at ATT Stadium where passing conditions are perfect
In an ideal world we get the number 2 seed, play Seattle in Dallas and then play Green Bay in Green Bay. I think that would actually all set up nicely for Dallas.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In an ideal world we get the number 2 seed, play Seattle in Dallas and then play Green Bay in Green Bay. I think that would actually all set up nicely for Dallas.
I agree that's the best setup for facing those two opponents.

Top Bottom