Murray hand surgery

Jiggyfly

Banned
I predict the running game will be over 125 yards with a combo of Randle and Dunbar.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Colts have no run game or defense to speak of.

They are all about Andrew Luck and TY Hilton.

If you can't defeat them then you are probably not a divisional-caliber playoff team.

New England, Denver, and Pittsburgh all smashed them. Philly squeaked by. Ravens and Texans played them close but lost. The rest of the teams the Colts usually managed to blow out just by running their offense.

Dallas' offense with a healthy Murray should wreck the Colts. With the awful Dallas pass defense the game is never over with Luck behind center.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cool thing is Hilton might end up being held out due to a hamstring issue.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cool thing is Hilton might end up being held out due to a hamstring issue.
That would tilt things greatly in Dallas' favor, maybe even outweigh losing Murray.

Indy is a team I think Dallas can run on even without Murray. The offense wouldn't look great by any stretch but it would still work behind the OL.

That is if Martin and Free aren't both out...

This is one game Indy doesn't really need, if they are smart about it. Thing is it's the Cowboys and everyone takes us seriously.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That's not a major surgery. they use 1 or 2 small titanium screws to hold the bone together until it heals, but its basically fixed when the screws go in.

The issue with him playing is they go in thru the palm side to fix it....its the sutures that are the issue, not the fracture itself.
Thanks, Jerry. :art

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So fricking pointless to leave him or Romo out there once we had control at the end. Pure idiocy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So fricking pointless to leave him or Romo out there once we had control at the end. Pure idiocy.
With this defense? I keep the talent on the field as long as I can.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don’t agree, I don't see a bunch of teams with their back up QB and RB with an 11 point lead. It is unfortunate, but this was not a coaching mistake IMO.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
With this defense? I keep the talent on the field as long as I can.
I don't think he needed to be out there either. Running game was going nowhere. Panty thief was just as capable of running straight in to Fletcher Cox as Murray was.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And, actually, Dunbar looked strong last night against the Eagles in the opportunities he got. Stick his ass out there, give home some screen work, we'll need that shit come playoff time.
Screens are NOT part of the process, they will have Dunbar run right up the middle.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't think he needed to be out there either. Running game was going nowhere. Panty thief was just as capable of running straight in to Fletcher Cox as Murray was.
That's my stance. I mean, 1/3 of Murray's carries went for zero or negative yards to begin with. When you're to the point where you just need to burn some clock when the running game was mostly in neutral to begin with, you know you're going to run and they know you're going to run, the main thing to worry about is not turning the ball over.

It's moot at this point though. Right now we just have to hope he only has to miss the one game, if that.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Mincey was in NFL radio today when he found out about Murray. He said we got Randle and Dunbar and went out of his way to say Ryan Williams on the practice squad is a player.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, here's hoping he doesn't go back to his fumbling ways.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Eddie Lacy offers up case study for DeMarco Murray injury
December, 16, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – When Tony Romo suffered two transverse process fractures earlier this season, the Dallas Cowboys looked at the past as an indicator as to when their quarterback would be able to play again.

Romo missed one game, like Baylor's Bryce Petty this season.

The same thing will happen with DeMarco Murray, who had surgery to repair a broken left hand Monday evening, as the Cowboys prepare for Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Emmitt Smith missed one game in 1999 after having the surgery. Terrell Owens had the same surgery in 2006 but did not miss a game because the Cowboys had the bye week for him to recover longer.

“Every player is different, every injury is different, I understand that,” coach Jason Garrett said, “but understanding maybe what the parameters are through the history of the injury can sometimes give you good indication as to how to proceed and really how to think about it.”

If the Cowboys need to find a running back to have played through a fractured fourth metacarpal then Eddie Lacy is a case study. He broke his hand while at Alabama playing against Western Carolina. In the next two games against Auburn in the Iron Bowl and Georgia in the SEC championship game, Lacy carried the ball 38 times for 312 yards and four touchdowns.

He had surgery after the Georgia game before the Crimson Tide played Notre Dame in the BCS Championship.

"For practice that week they put a big Q-shaped thing on it," Lacy told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal in 2013. "I really couldn't use the hand but I could run and pretty much pass protect. When I got hit, I couldn't feel it. Then by the time the game came I put my normal glove on and put a little covering over it. Sometimes it hurt, sometimes it was all right.

"I saw the crack in it on the X-ray but I didn't think too much of it. I said, 'I'll play with it.' You pretty much have to do it.”

Sources told ESPN’s Ed Werder the Cowboys are confident he will be able to play Sunday against the Colts. Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Murray would not need to practice in order to play Sunday.

“When they say the definition of healing, I'm not so sure how much it can heal between now and Sunday," Jones said. "I haven't been shown examples of where someone has had an injury like this. It's not uncommon. I'm not saying it's an everyday occurrence, but it's not uncommon for a back to have a hand injury. They do take some hits on that hand. But I know it's in a place where it can really be protected. We do that and we see that often with different kind of hand injuries. Certainly he's got a lot of parts to his game that work - protection, what he does, frankly, with that hand when he's running with the ball, he usually carries it in his right hand. All of those things, it's conceivable to me, it's not unrealistic that it could work with him being ready."

Top Bottom