Scandrick suspended 4 games

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Couldn't happen to a better owner in all of sports.

Should be fun watching this shitstorm of a team go 4-12.

data

Forbes #1
Since CBs aren't worth a shit, this won't make a difference.

Carl

RIP Brother
Couldn't happen to a better owner in all of sports.

Should be fun watching this shitstorm of a team go 4-12.
4-12, then what? Nothing is going to change. Its likely to get worse. What exactly do you want?

A 3rd string CB doesn't determine anything. He is just a dick who you cannot trust. Next!

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:lol In-fricking-credible, I swear there's a curse on this team. This defense will be hard to watch, that's for damn sure but at least I'll know to keep my expectations low.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not me.

I am struggling to decide if I want to part with the cash for what means just fantasy football value.

This will be an epic shitstorm of epic proportions.
No ticket or FF for me this year.

I'm not participating in my money league for the first time in like 10 years.

It's not something I'm doing purposely, I've just been too out of the loop to just throw my 100 bucks away.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I fail to see the humor in a player getting suspended. I get that it is thrilling to direct it at Jones but the team will be the one that suffers and to me it isn't funny.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I fail to see the humor in a player getting suspended. I get that it is thrilling to direct it at Jones but the team will be the one that suffers and to me it isn't funny.
While that is true, this suspension doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

This defense and this team as a whole is going to be bad with or without Scandrick.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Defense has no chance already due to the DL, but this certainly doesn't help any either.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I wonder how Jerry is going to try to spin this one into something positive only to have it fail miserably like everything else.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Scandrick tested positive for 'Molly'

Updated: August 12, 2014, 9:07 AM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- The NFL has suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick for the first four games of the season, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Monday.
Scandrick tested positive for MDMA, which is more commonly know as "Molly," league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder. He became the 21st player of 104 suspended for performance-enhancing drugs to test positive for MDMA.

Sources told Werder that the violation occurred while Scandrick was vacationing in Mexico with an ex-girlfriend, whom he has claimed convinced him to add a substance he didn't realize was on the banned list, into a cocktail they were drinking.

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Scandrick failed a drug test in April and appealed its findings. The league rendered its decision Monday, also fining him $1 million, sources said.

In a statement released through his agent, Ron Slavin, Scandrick insisted he did not knowingly take a banned substance.

"I would like to apologize to my children, my family, the Jones Family, my coaches, my teammates and my fans," Scandrick said in the statement. "Failing a drug test is far out of my character, and although I never knowingly took a performance-enhancing drug/banned stimulant while on vacation in Mexico, I take full responsibility for what goes in my body and more importantly for the embarrassment of a failed drug test. It's my goal by issuing this statement to clear my name and more importantly to be judged by what happens to me in the future.

"I hope that my family, my Cowboys football family and all my fans can forgive me for this situation. I look forward to a successful 2014 season."

Scandrick, a seven-year veteran, is coming off the best season of his career. He won the starting job when Morris Claiborne was injured during the preseason and performed well, serving as a bright spot on a unit that ranked last in the league in total defense. Scandrick and Claiborne, who missed the preseason opener due to tendinitis in his right knee, were competing for a starting job again this summer.

Slavin blamed the suspension on the NFL and NFL Players Association's failure to come to an agreement on human growth hormone testing, which has been a point of contention since a new collective bargaining agreement was passed in 2011.

"I do not excuse Orlando having tested positive for a banned stimulant," Slavin said in a statement. "The current rules are what they are, and a player is responsible for what is in his body. However, I would like it known that it is my understanding that if the current proposed agreement related to HGH testing would have already been instituted, a very significant percentage of the players receiving 'PED' suspensions since the new CBA took effect would not have been suspended. Instead, these players, under the proposed new policy, would have been subjected to the Substance Abuse Policy and Program.

"More than 80 missed games, millions of dollars in fines and bonus repayments have been issued because the NFLPA and NFL cannot come to an agreement. The only people who are losing in this standoff are the players and fans."

The last known Cowboys player to be suspended for violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy was defensive back Marcus Coleman, who was released in October of the 2006 season after he served a four-game suspension and was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Between this and the Cabo thing, nothing good comes when Cowboys go to Mexico.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hope you had fun tripping ecstasy, bro.

Without a doubt, one of the most expensive trips evar. :lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I've never heard of a girl slipping a PED into a drink.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Molly is not a PED.
Huh? It says so right in the second paragraph. Why would they call a recreational drug "performance enhancing"?

Scandrick tested positive for MDMA, which is more commonly know as "Molly," league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder. He became the 21st player of 104 suspended for performance-enhancing drugs to test positive for MDMA.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Huh? It says so right in the second paragraph. Why would they call a recreational drug "performance enhancing"?
I don't know. He tested positive for ecstasy. Or at least that is what the reports are saying.

Top Bottom