Machota: Martin suffer ankle injuries in Philadelphia

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys offensive linemen Doug Free, Zack Martin suffer ankle injuries in Philadelphia

Jon Machota

PHILADELPHIA — The Cowboys needed a bounce back performance from their offensive line Sunday night. They played arguably their worst game of the season during the 33-10 Thanksgiving Day loss to Philadelphia.

But two ankle injuries prevented that group from being at full strength for most of the evening. Zack Martin injured his right ankle early in the second quarter. The rookie right guard had his ankle re-taped and remained in the game despite limping at times.

“I just have to get it checked out,” said Martin, who was limping as he headed to the team bus after the game. “I twisted it. We’ll see how it is.”

Is it a good sign that he was able to play through the injury?

“I think that’s a good sign,” Martin said.

Right tackle Doug Free exited early in the third quarter with a left ankle injury. Free, who fractured his right foot against Seattle in October and missed three games, was replaced by Jermey Parnell and never returned.

“It’s good,” Free said after the game. “I’m fine.”

“We’ll see what Doug’s status is,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “Obviously serious enough to keep him out of the game.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
NFL players have all kinds of ankle injuries throughout the year. As long as they aren't high-ankle sprains we shouldn't be worried. Still, I'd start Parnell vs Indy to make sure Free gets his rest.

Top Bottom