Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Chargers| - 8/7/14

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This Terrence West RB the Browns have is pretty good.

And yes, better than Randle.
I think both of the Bronco's udfa rbs are better than Randle

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
JF's first drive was a three and out. Shanahan's kid called a pistol run with him and he came up a few inches short.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
JF's first drive was a three and out. Shanahan's kid called a pistol run with him and he came up a few inches short.
2.5?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We needed to sign Smith and we still need to sign Dez. I'm still not missing his cap number. You pay for the future in the NFL, not the past.

He's an all time great pass rusher. You either keep him or adequately replace him. They did neither. Not smart.

As for the money, they could have made it all work. Ware is exactly the type of guy that would have worked with them.

But if you're absolutely stuck on the money and hell bent on moving on, replace him with some semblance of a professional football player.

D

Deuce

He's an all time great pass rusher. You either keep him or adequately replace him. They did neither. Not smart.

As for the money, they could have made it all work. Ware is exactly the type of guy that would have worked with them.

But if you're absolutely stuck on the money and hell bent on moving on, replace him with some semblance of a professional football player.
You don't think trading up to draft a 1st round graded DE is attempting at adequate replacement?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

I am stuck on the money. We keep paying old players and eventually we have to let a young player walk.

I'm not happy with how they addressed the position after moving on from him either. There were a lot of guys out there and I don't think we tried hard enough to get any of them. Then for some damned reason we resigned Spencer's useless ass. So, yeah, I agree it sucks having two backups (Mincey and Selvie) penciled in as starters on this team. Trading up and putting all of our eggs in one basket and demanding a rookie be a pro bowler and having egg on our faces when he breaks his foot was another stupid outgrowth of that. On that point we totally agree.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You don't think trading up to draft a 1st round graded DE is attempting at adequate replacement?
I don't think so, unless you are tanking this year. Greg Ellis only produced 3 sacks as a rookie and he was a high first rounder who had a long, solid career. Mike Strahan had 1 sack and started no games as a rookie for Christ's sake. Defensive ends usually take a year or two to catch on and become productive. It's easier for 3-4 OLBs who play in space and can rely on speed rather than needing superior technique.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think so, unless you are tanking this year. Greg Ellis only produced 3 sacks as a rookie and he was a high first rounder who had a long, solid career. Mike Strahan had 1 sack and started no games as a rookie for Christ's sake. Defensive ends usually take a year or two to catch on and become productive. It's easier for 3-4 OLBs who play in space and can rely on speed rather than needing superior technique.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But that was reactive.

In free agency, we signed Jeremy MFing Mincey to at the very least be a backup, but unless we trade up for Lawrence, he's the plan.

That's unacceptable. That is what I have the biggest problem with.

Who the fuck looked at a dork like Mincey and thought...hmmm, this is a guy I want as part of a strong DE rotation to replace Ware.

We aimed low and we are now seeing the result of that.

If they truly wanted to get a pass rusher, they would have done more than insult Jared Allen with some idiotic offer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Watching a replay of the game, and through the first half, I like what I see with Weeden and the offensive line. Stupid penalties
aside.

The defense is shite, but Ahmad Dixon impressed with some good pops and the heads up recovery in the end zone.

Hitchens played strong on the goal line as well with a nice stop.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys at Redskins - 1982

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We needed to sign Smith and we still need to sign Dez. I'm still not missing his cap number. You pay for the future in the NFL, not the past.
Ware is an all time great, but his contract was too big for a rebuilding team to bear.

The stupidity was in trying to force his replacement from a draft that didn't have one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That fake punt deep from in his own territory was Danny White at his very best. Bought critical field position. Always remember Madden's "Ron Springs broke it!" All the other kids' heads hanging low on the school bus the next morning was beautiful. Of course they got us at the end of the season, but Danny White had ice water in his veins on this day.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Watching a replay of the game, and through the first half, I like what I see with Weeden and the offensive line. Stupid penalties
aside.

The defense is shite, but Ahmad Dixon impressed with some good pops and the heads up recovery in the end zone.

Hitchens played strong on the goal line as well with a nice stop.
Also, I liked Williams over Randle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dunno if anyone caught this during this weekend's games...but wow...

Top Bottom