The Injuries Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Might as well get it started...

Melvin Ingram suffers knee injury, Chargers fear torn ACL

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 14, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT

Melvin Ingram, the defensive end/outside linebacker chosen by the Chargers in the first round of last year’s NFL draft, suffered a potentially serious knee injury today.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Chargers fear that the injury was a torn ACL, which would knock Ingram out for the entire 2013 season. Ingram is still undergoing tests, and an MRI will be needed before the diagnosis can be confirmed.

If Ingram is out for the year, it would be a major blow, as the Chargers were counting on Ingram’s continued development as a starter.

There’s no word on how Ingram suffered the injury during non-contact Organized Team Activities.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Can we just add Miles Austin to this list now due to a perpetually swollen vagina?

midswat

... soon
Misleading thread title. Thought this was going to be another Matt Johnson discussion.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17m
Rob Gronkowski's back issue considered minor, per source. If he needs surgery it'd be during time frame that he'd be out with arm surgery.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Packers rookie J.C. Tretter suffers broken ankle

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 21, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT

Any practices happening this time of year are non-contact.

But that doesn’t mean they’re safe.

According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com, Packers offensive lineman J.C. Tretter suffered a broken ankle, and is expected to miss six months.

Tretter apparently suffered the injury during a fumble recovery drill during OTAs Monday.

Tretter, a fourth-round pick from Cornell, was working at right tackle for a group looking for answers on that side of the line.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Michael Crabtree tears achilles in OTA's

Michael Crabtree tears achilles in OTA's

Michael Crabtree's 2013 season might be over before it began.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the San Francisco 49ers wide receiver suffered a torn Achilles tendon during organized team activities on Tuesday.

Crabtree will soon undergo surgery to repair the tendon. The surgery could be season-ending, though it's possible Crabtree could return at some point this season.

USA Today's Mike Garafolo was the first to report the news.

It's brutal news for the 49ers, who watched Crabtree bloom into a Pro Bowl-level receiver in his fourth season. Crabtree set career highs in receptions (85), yards (1,105) and touchdowns (9). His production took off after Colin Kaepernick replaced Alex Smith as starting quarterback.

If there's a silver lining for the Niners, it's the progress that's been made in the treatment of this type of injury. While an Achilles tear was once an instant season-ender, but that's changed in recent times. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers both tore the same tendon last spring and rejoined their respective teams after stays on the PUP list.

That timetable seems to be a best-case scenario for Crabtree in 2013. The 49ers -- already thin at receiver as Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams recover from knee surgery -- have an early crisis on their hands.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn, that could be a really big blow to the 49ers.

I know they got Anquan, but at his age, you never know when the decline will begin and it's not like he was lighting on fire in the regular season anyway.

Tough break.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think it will be that big of a blow. Boldin will be good, they have Manningham, draft Jenkins last year and Patton this year, plus have Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald at TE. Maybe they look into Brandon lloyd again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think it will be that big of a blow. Boldin will be good, they have Manningham, draft Jenkins last year and Patton this year, plus have Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald at TE. Maybe they look into Brandon lloyd again.
Crabtree will miss six months, which puts him on the PUP or recall IR. I am with you...I think with the addition of Patton and McDonald, not to mention Davis/Boldin/Manningham and possibly last year's top pick Jenkins in the mix, they will be fine. I sure won't weep for them. They have the benefit of falling on a strong running game to take up the slack even if their passing game takes a dip.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...they have a running game, which I did not want to bring up because as Cowboy fans many of us are unfamiliar with what a running game actually is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah...they have a running game, which I did not want to bring up because as Cowboy fans many of us are unfamiliar with what a running game actually is.
I remember there once was something like that. You know where the line could actually block. And this guy could like run the ball, you could win time of possession and the QB could win and not have to throw 45 times a game. Yeah.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seahawks TE Anthony McCoy underwent surgery for a partially torn Achilles' tendon Thursday, and will be sidelined a minimum of six months.

He went down with what was originally believed to be an ankle injury in Monday's practice. McCoy has served as Zach Miller's backup the past two seasons, catching 31 passes for 437 yards. It's an extremely ill-timed injury for McCoy, as the Seahawks used the No. 158 pick on freak-athlete TE Luke Willson. Willson generated buzz in both rookie minicamp and OTAs. While the partial tear -- as opposed to a complete tear like Michael Crabtree's -- could give McCoy a chance to return at midseason, it's unlikely that the Seahawks would go out of their way to save his spot. He could even be waived/injured in camp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Victor Butler went down with a torn ACL.

Too bad for him...always liked him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Victor Butler went down with a torn ACL.

Too bad for him...always liked him.
I liked him too.

I know he wasn't very well rounded player, but even as a situational pass rusher, we didn't use him enough.

Sucks for him.

D

Deuce

I feel bad because I like him too, but this is good news for my boy Troy Davis.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel bad because I like him too, but this is good news for my boy Troy Davis.
I dont see a Troy Davis on the Saints roster.

Sincerely,
Dickface Dreamcrusher

Top Bottom