Chaldean Christian leader: ISIS 'Systematically Beheading' Children In Iraq - See mor

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A prominent Christian leader of the Chaldean community unveiled the "systematic beheading of children" and other horrendous crimes committed by ISIS. He said that the Sunni extremists are committing genocide against Christians in Iraq and with the aim to instill the Sharia Law as the law of the land.

In the interview with CNN's Jonathan Mann, Chaldean-American businessman Mark Arabo said that the "world hasn't seen an evil like this for generations."
"There is a park in Mosul, where [ISIS] they actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick and have them in the park," he explained. "More children are getting beheaded, mothers are getting raped and killed, and fathers are being hung."

Speaking from San Diego over Skype, Arabo called for the international community to offer asylum to the more than 300,000 Christians fleeing and living in neighboring cities.

At a meeting in the White House last week, he said the Chaldean-American leaders and the political leaders are saying that the world should come together to stop these crimes against humanity and help alleviate the sufferings of the Iraqi people.

"The world hasn't seen this kind of atrocity in generations," he said. "This is a crime against humanity. This is much broader than a community or a state. This is crime against humanity. They are doing the most horrendous, the most heart-breaking crimes that you can think of."

When asked about Sunni extremists' targeting of Christians, Arabo said that around 95 percent of Christians have fled, five percent have converted. Also, the ISIS have marked the death stamps on Christian homes, so whoever returns will get killed.

"Christian holocaust is in our midst," he said. "This should never be happening in 2014."

Just last week, the ISIS bombed a church that was 1,800 years old, and have bombed 6 churches so far.

While France is leading the way in offering asylum, Arabo is calling on the US and the United Nations to recognnize that this is a genocide and do more to address this crisis.
"This living nightmare is not going away," he said, "but it is only getting worse."
"The world cannot turn a blind eye."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wonder if the anti-war people would be against the UN from acting against this kind of horrific action.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Good question. Apparently, they don't have the moral fortitude that we do.
Not to mention they are both busy with territorial land grabs against their smaller neighbors.

Cotton

Staff member
Too bad there aren't anymore Indians to massacre so we could have that excuse.
How the hell does that even apply to the discussion?

jeebs

Brand New Member
How the hell does that even apply to the discussion?
1. If we were still conquering neighbors we wouldn't be fucking around with iraq.

Or

2. Russia and china land grabs are okay because the us "took" Indian land. Yeah for moral equivalency!

Cotton

Staff member
1. If we were still conquering neighbors we wouldn't be fucking around with iraq.

Or

2. Russia and china land grabs are okay because the us "took" Indian land. Yeah for moral equivalency!
Nope. Still doesn't apply even one iota to this discussion.

I implied we should help the kids being massacred and I get "if only there were indians". A statement that might have been valid 200 years ago. Now, it's nothing but a white man's guilt trying to dredge up the past to make himself feel better about being "progressive".

Cotton

Staff member
Relevant to this discussion? Maybe not. Relevant to the post it quoted, basically.
It's a stupid diversion by Bipo. That's my point.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Problem with Iraq is there is no good guy to back in that area, same problem as Syria. If we can't execute a positive regime change we are stuck holding the bag, trying to police a hell-hole forever. Best we could do is offer political asylum to Christian refugees.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Problem with Iraq is there is no good guy to back in that area, same problem as Syria. If we can't execute a positive regime change we are stuck holding the bag, trying to police a hell-hole forever. Best we could do is offer political asylum to Christian refugees.
The kurds. And we could have armed the Christians when there were still several million.

If it was me, I would have bitched up the Shia regime long ago (2011) but given how we have let the place detoriate I would set up the kurds. Arm them fucks and give us an oil filled isreal right in the middle of shit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The kurds. And we could have armed the Christians when there were still several million.

If it was me, I would have bitched up the Shia regime long ago (2011) but given how we have let the place deteriorate I would set up the kurds. Arm them fucks and give us an oil filled isreal right in the middle of shit.
I supported the secession of Kurdistan from Iraq back when we were there, but I think they mostly live in their own territory. We probably should have split the country into Kurdistan, Sunnistan and Shiistan. They all kind of live in their own areas anyway, they probably should have had their own governments.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I supported the secession of Kurdistan from Iraq back when we were there, but I think they mostly live in their own territory. We probably should have split the country into Kurdistan, Sunnistan and Shiistan. They all kind of live in their own areas anyway, they probably should have had their own governments.
it was more intermixed 10 years ago. There were also more reasons to keep it together( turkey was more against it, we wanted a bulwark against Iran not the Iranian puppet we got, didn't want to open pandora a box of border change in a stableish region).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
it was more intermixed 10 years ago. There were also more reasons to keep it together( turkey was more against it, we wanted a bulwark against Iran not the Iranian puppet we got, didn't want to open pandora a box of border change in a stableish region).
Well, if you go back to 2005 or so, I'd have left the Baathist party in control with whichever one of Saddam's generals was willing to do business.

junk

Not So New Member
We probably should have just stayed out of the region entirely.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We probably should have just stayed out of the region entirely.
Would have saved a lot of time and money if we had declared victory and moved out as soon as Saddam was killed. Arguably the effect would have been a net positive.

Top Bottom