Why would the Seahawks get a wild card over the Cowboys if both tied?

radkowboy

Brand New Member
Why would the Seahawks get a wild card over the Cowboys if they are both tied?

I looked at the tie breaker rules on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures) and head to head is the first tie breaker so why would the Seahawks get in then?

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we were to end up with the same record as Sea and Det it goes to conference record.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is because we are in a three way tie, not a two way. The Lions are the effing problem. If those bitches would get out of the way, we win the head to head over Seattle.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is because we are in a three way tie, not a two way. The Lions are the effing problem. If those bitches would get out of the way, we win the head to head over Seattle.
TimePWNT

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Seattle is winning that division anyways. Can't see them losing to the Cardinals with Ryan Lindley at QB. We need the Lions to drop one of their next too and then to lose their finale to the Packers if we're to have a shot at getting a wild card at 11-5.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Minny can upset Detroit.

Come on Zimmer...I always liked you. :unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Seattle is winning that division anyways. Can't see them losing to the Cardinals with Ryan Lindley at QB. We need the Lions to drop one of their next too and then to lose their finale to the Packers if we're to have a shot at getting a wild card at 11-5.
I think so, two.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Lions lose do we root for Seattle to win?
No, we would want the Cards to win that division because they have H2H on us and Seattle doesn't.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It would be nice if the Eagles came out flat against Washington next week and got beat.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Could happen.
Doubt it unless RG3 goes into full rookie season mode and hits every long pass he throws and fakes the shit out of the DL on every handoff.

Philly just outclasses Washington by a lot, and when Washington is down like this they don't care if they beat anyone else but Dallas.

Everyone needs to understand the road to the playoffs for Dallas is through the division.

Only.

They aren't winning a damned wildcard spot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Doubt it unless RG3 goes into full rookie season mode and hits every long pass he throws and fakes the shit out of the DL on every handoff.

Philly just outclasses Washington by a lot, and when Washington is down like this they don't care if they beat anyone else but Dallas.

Everyone needs to understand the road to the playoffs for Dallas is through the division.

Only.

They aren't winning a damned wildcard spot.
If the skins rev up their defense like they did against Dallas it could be an interesting game.

Top Bottom