MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not that it should be a surprise with how the Rangers season has gone so far, but 'Ol Suck Ass came through yesterday against the Rays. Nice to see he's still got it.
Lol. That's a good pitching performance for us.

Rev

Staff member
Only to let a scrub walk off on you....

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Uh oh. Keep your fingers crossed Rangers fans. Hopefully it isn't serious but you always have to be nervous when you hear "DL" and "elbow".

As an aside, Kyle Hendricks, a pitching prospect the Cubs got from the Rangers in the 2012 Ryan Dempster trade, is 4-1 with a 1.73 ERA/1.01 WHIP in 6 starts since being called up. Thanks Rangers!

Honestly, he's pitching out of his mind right now. He doesn't have the velocity or raw stuff to be a front of the rotation guy and obviously those types of numbers aren't going to continue for long. Most scouts think he's a back end of the rotation type long term, but I'll take a decent young innings eater like that for the 2 months of Ryan Dempster the Cubs traded away.

Also, JAVIER BAEZ!!! :hawfap

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Regardless of his injury I hope they shut him down for the season. Another year with Yu ending up hurt has me worried about his health going forward.

Luke Jackson, Alec Asher, Alex Gonzalez, and Luis Ortiz will hopefully help me forget Edwards and Hendrix in the next few years.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Regardless of his injury I hope they shut him down for the season. Another year with Yu ending up hurt has me worried about his health going forward.

Luke Jackson, Alec Asher, Alex Rodriquez, and Luis Ortiz will hopefully help me forget Edwards and Hendrix in the next few years.
With how our season has lined out, they should just shut him down down. There is literally no reason he should pitch another game this season.

D

Deuce

Maybe they should shut Wash down too. Holy shit, way to hang Mikolas out to dry. He was getting beat up so take him out. Don't let him end up giving up 10 friggin earned! No positive can be taken from this for him.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe they should shut Wash down too. Holy shit, way to hang Mikolas out to dry. He was getting beat up so take him out. Don't let him end up giving up 10 friggin earned! No positive can be taken from this for him.
I was a little on the fence with Wash last year, but now I am absolutely done with him. I want him gone.

Rev

Staff member
I havent been watching the game but Im pretty sure the bullpen is spent. Add in the 14 innings yesterday and the starters not going past 5 for most of the season.

Plus its Mikolas. :puke

Rev

Staff member
Arencibia is pitching now....:lol

Cotton

Staff member
We are in such bad shape right now it's pathetic.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They've announced Rob Manfred as the new MLB commissioner.

I've never heard of the guy but I hope he has some fresh ideas to generate interest in the sport.

D

Deuce

They've announced Rob Manfred as the new MLB commissioner.

I've never heard of the guy but I hope he has some fresh ideas to generate interest in the sport.
He was the league's COO under Selig. We'll probably just get more of the same.

I do hope he plans to reinstate Rose, though. An all time great not in the HOF is a tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
MINNEAPOLIS -- Top Twins prospect Byron Buxton, who sustained a concussion in an outfield collision on Wednesday, is scheduled to fly to Fort Myers, Fla., on Sunday, so the Twins can carefully monitor his progress.

Buxton, ranked as the No. 1 overall prospect by MLB.com, was involved in a collision with Double-A New Britain teammate Mike Kvasnicka in right-center field in the fifth inning of Wednesday's game.

Buxton, who was playing in his first game with New Britain, was unconscious for 10 minutes and taken to the hospital after the collision.
-----------

:cry

Kbrown

Not So New Member
MINNEAPOLIS -- Top Twins prospect Byron Buxton, who sustained a concussion in an outfield collision on Wednesday, is scheduled to fly to Fort Myers, Fla., on Sunday, so the Twins can carefully monitor his progress.

Buxton, ranked as the No. 1 overall prospect by MLB.com, was involved in a collision with Double-A New Britain teammate Mike Kvasnicka in right-center field in the fifth inning of Wednesday's game.

Buxton, who was playing in his first game with New Britain, was unconscious for 10 minutes and taken to the hospital after the collision.
-----------

:cry
That's pretty scary.

And I know the feeling as a fan. Carlos Correa went down with a broken leg earlier this year.

I hope Joey Gallo's arm doesn't fall off or anything. :unsure

Rev

Staff member
That's pretty scary.

And I know the feeling as a fan. Carlos Correa went down with a broken leg earlier this year.

I hope Joey Gallo's arm doesn't fall off or anything. :unsure
Even if it did he would still hit 20 homers a year with one arm.

Top Bottom