Eagles Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Officials breakdown: Terry McAulay
December, 9, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- For the second time this season Terry McAulay's crew will work a Dallas Cowboys' game when it calls Sunday's matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles.

McAulay worked the season-opening loss to the San Francisco 49ers. The Cowboys were penalized 10 times for 72 yards and the Niners had 11 penalties for 78 yards. Since 2010, the Cowboys are 2-4 in games officiated by McAulay.

The Cowboys have been flagged 37 times for 340 yards in the five games with McAulay. Their opponents have been penalized 40 times for 341 yards.

Last week McAulay's crew worked the 49ers-Oakland Raiders game and called 17 penalties for 134 yards. The Niners had seven penalties for 50 yards and the Raiders had 10 for 84.

The breakdown:

Unnecessary roughness – 1
Delay of game – 4
Offensive pass interference – 2
False start – 2
Defensive pass interference – 1
Offensive holding – 2
Unsportsmanlike conduct – 1
Defensive holding – 2
Illegal contact – 1
Illegal formation – 1

Quarter by quarter:

First – 3
Second – 7
Third – 5
Fourth - 2

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We need to make Philly actually respect and fear our passing game. If we come out against Philly and run, run and pass again we will not win. Straight up they can't stop our running game but when they load the box it makes it difficult to break any runs of significance.

Please dear baby Jesus let us use some play action on first and second down and throw the ball deep. The Eagles love to play a single high safety and tossing a jump ball to Dez should be cake. It's how the Packers absolutely torched that defense with Jordy Nelson.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We need to make Philly actually respect and fear our passing game. If we come out against Philly and run, run and pass again we will not win. Straight up they can't stop our running game but when they load the box it makes it difficult to break any runs of significance.

Please dear baby Jesus let us use some play action on first and second down and throw the ball deep. The Eagles love to play a single high safety and tossing a jump ball to Dez should be cake. It's how the Packers absolutely torched that defense with Jordy Nelson.
+1000

Bottom line the Eagles couldn't cover the shitty WR's of Seattle. If Dallas can't win that matchup with Dez, Superblondie, and Witten then F all of them.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I think this is exactly right. Philly's secondary blows and they can't keep up with our weapons if we air it out in a smart way. But they will load up and stop our run game if stay predictable.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As an aside, McCoy lost a cousin last week. He says he was so despondent he couldn't focus against Seattle. He had a crappy game including a fumble.

Probably an excuse and regardless he will probably refocus against us. But he's a bit of a flake so it could be an interesting dynamic.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I was pretty impressed with Philly last week even though they lost. Reading some certain homerific forums, you'd think the game was a total beatdown, but no. The first half or so of that game was really physical and competitive. Watching several early games, I thought it was obvious both teams were a cut above most of the rest.

That said, they still have Mark Sanchez. So if Tony is healthy, we should win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As an aside, McCoy lost a cousin last week. He says he was so despondent he couldn't focus against Seattle. He had a crappy game including a fumble.

Probably an excuse and regardless he will probably refocus against us. But he's a bit of a flake so it could be an interesting dynamic.
Hmmm. Does he have any more cousins?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was pretty impressed with Philly last week even though they lost. Reading some certain homerific forums, you'd think the game was a total beatdown, but no. The first half or so of that game was really physical and competitive. Watching several early games, I thought it was obvious both teams were a cut above most of the rest.

Disagree. You roll up a 4 to 1 yardage advantage like Seattle did, you kind of kicked their ass.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Colt?

Tony D

DCC 4Life

Huh? They got outgained 440-139 and time of possession was 42 minutes to 18. And this was at home, not Seattle. Game wasn't as close as scoreboard.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
We ran on first down I think the first 10 or so first down calls. I know we want to establish the run, but you have to throw some on first down. That should open up the passing game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He had a couple good games in a row (One against us) but for most of the season McCoy has been terrible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Huh? They got outgained 440-139 and time of possession was 42 minutes to 18. And this was at home, not Seattle. Game wasn't as close as scoreboard.
Yep another special teams mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with the Eagles made the score look closer then the game actually was.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
+1000

Bottom line the Eagles couldn't cover the shitty WR's of Seattle. If Dallas can't win that matchup with Dez, Superblondie, and Witten then F all of them.
I don't think the offenser will have any problems if they protect Romo. My concerns are 2 fold. The pass defense of Dallas is to vunerable if there is no heat on Sanchez. The pass rush has been absent. Even though everyone thinks the key will be the running game on either side, in my view the team who gives the best protection to their QB Wiil win the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the offenser will have any problems if they protect Romo. My concerns are 2 fold. The pass defense of Dallas is to vunerable if there is no heat on Sanchez. The pass rush has been absent. Even though everyone thinks the key will be the running game on either side, in my view the team who gives the best protection to their QB Wiil win the game.
The Eagles running game is what really wears teams down. It is also what helps to buy Sanchez extra time in the pocket. Those quick little fakes to the RB out of shotgun formations really help to buy him time. They run the majority of their passing game off of those and if you can stop the run you can start to pin your ears back against the QB. Also it takes more time in between plays when the WR's have to return to the line of scrimmage after running down field. The best way to slow the speed of their hurry up is to force the Eagles to pass the ball.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well we know Kelly doesn't care about TOP...

Maybe I should clarify that I was more impressed with Philly's defense. By my eye test, they were extremely physical. Because yeah, on offense, Sanchez sucks and can wreck almost any offense.

And Philly was still an easy dropped pick-six from making it a FG game with five or six minutes left.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Eagles running game is what really wears teams down. It is also what helps to buy Sanchez extra time in the pocket. Those quick little fakes to the RB out of shotgun formations really help to buy him time. They run the majority of their passing game off of those and if you can stop the run you can start to pin your ears back against the QB. Also it takes more time in between plays when the WR's have to return to the line of scrimmage after running down field. The best way to slow the speed of their hurry up is to force the Eagles to pass the ball.
I agree with that but I think Marinelli will load up against the run.. This I s about the only way Dallas can deal with the up tempo running attack. I think Philly will do the same for the Dallas rushing attack and the game will come down to which QB delivers best.

Top Bottom