2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eric Fisher could kick Luke Joeckel's ass.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

JASON LA CANFORA
CBS Sports NFL Insider

NFL Draft: A final stab at the Top 20 draft picks

April 25, 2013 7:50 pm ET

I know I wrote a roughly 2,500 word mock draft yesterday but, well, a guy is entitled to change his mind some, isn't he?

Wanted to put out some scenarios of what I'm hearing with the draft nearly upon us, at least through the first 20 picks or so. And, well, this looks a bit different from how I tried to size it up yesterday.

I am covering possible trades with each pick, but not outright predicting them. Hopefully, between the player I am listing, and the others under consideration I'll have covered the possibilities:

Kansas City – T Eric Fisher. Barring a last minute trade here, that will be the pick.

Jacksonville – T Luke Joeckel. I say rookie GM Dave Caldwell does the safe thing and goes with the tackle. It's possible a team like the Eagles move up here for Joeckel as well. The Jags need a pass rusher as well, but I still go tackle here.

Oakland – QB Geno Smith. I'm sticking with this one but would not be surprised if they took CB DJ Hayden as well. There is serious trade potential here as well, with Detroit, maybe Arizona, coming up to grab T Lane Johnson.

Philadelphia – T Lane Johnson, if he's here. Dion Jordan would be under consideration.

Detroit – DE Ezekiel Ansah. I expect a run on pass rushers to begin here. They love the top guards, Jonathan Cooper and chance Warmack, too.

Cleveland – DE Dion Jordan - they would love to trade down if Johnson is somehow here, but in this scenario they take Jordan over corner Dee Milliner

Arizona – G Jonathan Cooper. Too good to pass up, rebuild the interior of their offensive line. T D.J. Fluker or a pass rusher like Barkevious Mingo would be under consideration too, but I am going guard

Buffalo – QB Ryan Nassib. Could be a trade down here if a team like the Rams want to jump the Jets for WR Tavon Austin -- because Nassib can be had well down this round.

NY Jets – WR Tavon Austin. If he's there. Otherwise I say Mingo here.
Tennessee - CB Dee Milliner., They really loved Cooper but he is gone and Milliner is seen by most as the best corner in the draft.
San Diego - G Chance Warmack. Too highly rated to pass here I figure. Corners could be in the mix, too.
Miami – CB D.J. Hayden. Warmack or Fluker would be thought highly of too.

New York Jets - DT Sharrif Floyd- The need to rebuild the front 7, too much value here. CB Xavier Rhodes would be considered, too

Carolina – DT Star Lotulelei. If Warmack is still on the board, that would make a lot of sense, too.

New Orleans – DE Barkevious Mingo. S Kenny Vaccaro. Linebacker Jarvis Jones would get a long look, and even a guard like Fluker , but I'll go with the local LSU product.

St. Louis – S Kenny Vaccaro. Another place where a trade could go down, because if Austin and Vaccaro are gone then trading down makes even more sense.

Pittsburgh – LB Jarvis Jones. There are some DTs they like but this would be a scenario theSteelers covet.

Dallas – DT Sheldon Richardson. They love Vaccaro too and loved safety Mark Barron a year ago,

NY Giants – DE Tank Carradine. Datone Jones, Bjoern Werner, other edge [players would be in the mix. TE Tyler Eifert as well. And some corners. But I'm going Carradine.

Chicago – TE Tyler Eifert. A lot of options here as well, with needs on the offensive line, and a pass rusher would make sense too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why does everyone care so much where the eff Geno Smith goes?

Oh yeah.

Rush was right.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They just showed the Cowboys war room and Garrett leaned in to Jerry and said, "When we're on the clock turn around and talk to me so that it looks like I have input."

The circle of life.....Dallas style.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, and this not tipping off the pick shit is completely asinine.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Who is that long haired hippy faggot in the war room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom