Feds to Bring in Riot Squad Against Illegal Immigration Protesters...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I won't argue that. The hand out crowd has came out in full force during his time in office. But as much as I dislike him as a president, I was just saying we can't fully blame it on him.
He's perhaps the most left wing, "help the poor" President in a long time and a lot of his policies amount to pandering to keep that support.

Is it completely his fault? No. Congress is just as bad.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The government dole when reduced to its lowest common denominator is simply a system to buy reelection votes. Both parties are very careful how they approach any kind of reform. The majority of politicians who take any reform stand is some newbie who wants to get elected. If they get elected their stance changes to a don't tread harshly on the constituency. It's hopeless.

Jon88

Banned
Politics is one big show. They argue and threaten to "sue" in public but behind closed doors they're mostly all friends.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Troof.

And why don't we have Americans who are willing to be that cheap workforce?
Part of is that Americans have to pay taxes. We also deal with a high cost of living here. Going from Mexico to here is like being an American working offshore to send big money home. That money goes a lot further in Mexico than it does here. Also, companies have a lot more leverage over employees facing deportation than employees who can legally seek a better job.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's why democracy doesn't work. Why should a society contributing person's vote count the same one who takes from society?

It doesn't work on sports teams, corporations and other group dynamics.
What?

Please explain how this would work what is the cutoff from "taking from society".

And the real funny thing about this line of thinking is that most people who probably fit your criteria don't vote anyway, the difference would be negligible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What?

Please explain how this would work what is the cutoff from "taking from society".

And the real funny thing about this line of thinking is that most people who probably fit your criteria don't vote anyway, the difference would be negligible.
They do vote when their free food is on the line.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That avatar really makes me want to crush things.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So let me get this straight, in your mind everybody who makes 30k or less is taking from society?

Or that 30k should be the cutoff for being able to vote?

I really don't know were you are going with this and you never answered my initial question.
I see where he is going and it makes sense. A high percentage of low income voters turn out because it is their method for keeping the candidates with liberal give a way programs in office. It is self serving. Of course everyone is a special interest target of sorts. Since 20 % or 1/5th of the voters are low income individuals they will have a dramatic influence on the outcome of elections. It's just the way it is. Stated another way, if individuals who are in higher income ranges bothered to vote, it is likely the outcome would be different in some cases. Just goes to show you that 20% can sometimes become a majority.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I see where he is going and it makes sense. A high percentage of low income voters turn out because it is their method for keeping the candidates with liberal give a way programs in office. It is self serving. Of course everyone is a special interest target of sorts. Since 20 % or 1/5th of the voters are low income individuals they will have a dramatic influence on the outcome of elections. It's just the way it is. Stated another way, if individuals who are in higher income ranges bothered to vote, it is likely the outcome would be different in some cases. Just goes to show you that 20% can sometimes become a majority.
So once again I ask is 30k low income and do you believe that everybody making 30k is a taker?

And in what world is 20% a majority?

And while we are at it show me something that says all of that 20% voted for Obama.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So once again I ask is 30k low income and do you believe that everybody making 30k is a taker?

And while we are at it show me something that says all of that 20% voted for Obama.
I made no reference to who voted for Obama. I don't know. I am simply showing how a minority of voters can swing election outcomes. Example. If two candidates are running for office and the voter mix of higher income voters is 50 % conservative, 35% liberal and 10 % Independent, the lowest income group could reverse the outcome if hey got behind the liberal candidate. Hypothetical. 100,000 voters. 80% higher income group = 80,000 voters. 50% = 40,000 voters conservative. 45% =36,000 liberal and independent. Obviously 20,000 low income groups voters will decide who is elected and chances are they will go the liberal route. Even though the candidates at the on set gives the appearance that the higher income group has a near majority.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I believe that the lower income group represents the majority of the takers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I believe that the lower income group represents the majority of the takers.
Just answer the question asked pertaining to the original subject. do you believe that everyone making 30K and below are takers?

And what in your mind are they taking?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just answer the question asked pertaining to the original subject. do you believe that everyone making 30K and below are takers?

And what in your mind are they taking?
I already said I believe this group is the majority of the takers. I don't have any numbers on how many do. I believe that the majority of welfare , social security disability, food stamp, Medicaid, etc., is distributed to this group. I am not including social security recipients who are over 65 in this equation.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I already said I believe this group is the majority of the takers. I don't have any numbers on how many do. I believe that the majority of welfare , social security disability, food stamp, Medicaid, etc., is distributed to this group. I am not including social security recipients who are over 65 in this equation.
Those aren't the only handouts the government gives though.

From the link I posted above
Did you know that the U.S. government is "committed" to distribute more than $1 trillion in money, services, free trips, and other giveaways?

only 12% of the money in these programs is designated for the poor.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
THis is an advertising scheme to get you to sign up for something predicated on the idea that you are going to get something. Why don't you sign up and see how much you get. It's like the little guy who wears the suit that looks like the Joker. In addition it is directed to Social Security recipients which I excluded out of my response.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Those aren't the only handouts the government gives though.

From the link I posted above
Did you know that the U.S. government is "committed" to distribute more than $1 trillion in money, services, free trips, and other giveaways?

only 12% of the money in these programs is designated for the poor.
Again sign up and see what falls into your wallet.

Top Bottom