NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not really. Guys do flock there, they just made bad choices. Amare used to be great, but in NY he wasn't. Chandler was supposed to be the rim protector they needed, he wasn't. With all the space they have, they'll make waves.

Them sucking forever is just wishful thinking on parts of fans of teams who are their rivals.
I'm not saying they are never going to be good again but I don't think the NY City allure has the same effect for the Knicks, as well as the Giants and Jets.

You see it with the Yankees, and even though no one cares, the (hockey) Rangers.

I don't think NY has proven to be a bigger draw than cities like Miami or Houston, as far as the NBA is concerned.

In the NBA, guys flock to LA. In my lifetime, I've seen no where close to the same draw for NYC. And frankly, that is why LA keeps reloading while NY has floundered. There's a difference.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

I'm not saying they are never going to be good again but I don't think the NY City allure has the same effect for the Knicks, as well as the Giants and Jets.

You see it with the Yankees, and even though no one cares, the (hockey) Rangers.

I don't think NY has proven to be a bigger draw than cities like Miami or Houston, as far as the NBA is concerned.

In the NBA, guys flock to LA. In my lifetime, I've seen no where close to the same draw for NYC. And frankly, that is why LA keeps reloading while NY has floundered. There's a difference.
You haven't seen it cause we've never seen NY with space to use. They've always been a team over the luxury tax and unable to spend since the rules changed. When they did have money, they got Amare and Chandler who were two of the top FA's in their class. Next year will be the first time they can go out and get multiple players at the highest amount. I wouldn't be suprised if they come away with Gasol and Rondo which would both work well with Melo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but Amare was already damaged goods and he wasn't on the same level as Bosh or James. He might have been half a step ahead of Boozer in that 2010 free agency class, but not significantly so. Boozer's stock is so low right now that I think people forget, but in 2010 he was thought of as just as much an impact player as Amare.

Bottom line, they did not get the elite guys that year either.

Now, I would not be shocked if they did land Gasol or Rondo in 2015. I'm not saying they can't.... but I don't know that I see them getting KD in 2016 then, because they won't have the cap space. And without landing those two guys.... I don't think KD goes there.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life

Playing at MSG is very appealing. When guys go off scoring there they make a point of talking about where it ranks in terms of alltime highs at MSG. They don't do that much, if at all, anywhere else. Why? Because it is a basketball mecca. I think Phil legitimizes that franchise too. Dolan and Isaiah did them no favors either.

If they had cap room FAs would come...now it is up to Jackson to fix them financially.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wouldn't mind Boozer in San Antonio as long as the bid was low. We could still use another mildly productive big man for depth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Darren Wolfson ✔ @DarrenWolfson

Follow
Yes. Fegan aiming for 5-yr max. RT @BrianGaranich: @DarrenWolfson With all this Love trade talk, they actually talking w/ Rubio/his agent?

Darren Wolfson of KSTP reports the point guard's agent, Dan Fegan, is seeking a max deal for five years with his client now eligible for an extension:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
RT @GwashburnGlobe: Adam Silver said the league is considering the idea of a midseason tournament, similar to soccer. Interesting. #nba

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chris Broussard ✔ @Chris_Broussard
Follow
Sources: Mike Miller will sign with Cleveland. 2 yr deal with player option after 1 yr. Miller turned down more $ from Houston & Denver

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc J. Spears ✔ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Follow
Free agent forward Rashard Lewis has agreed to a one-year deal with the Mavericks, his agent Colin Bryant told Yahoo Sports.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

LA sure reloaded this offseason with some decent capspace. Re-signing and overpaying guys like Nick Young and Jordan Hill and acquiring Jeremy Lin. Not good.

All while the Knicks signed the second best FA on the market, the guy Bulls homers thought would go to Chicago and the guy the Lakers met with, one Carmelo Anthony.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Marc J. Spears ✔ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Follow
Free agent forward Rashard Lewis has agreed to a one-year deal with the Mavericks, his agent Colin Bryant told Yahoo Sports.
Richard Jefferson and now this?

:zzz

Smitty

DCC 4Life
LA sure reloaded this offseason with some decent capspace. Re-signing and overpaying guys like Nick Young and Jordan Hill and acquiring Jeremy Lin. Not good.

All while the Knicks signed the second best FA on the market, the guy Bulls homers thought would go to Chicago and the guy the Lakers met with, one Carmelo Anthony.
Good point... I guess LA is irrelevant too then.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lance Stephenson signs with Hornets... That team is gonna be halfway decent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Pacers offered him 5/44 and he took 3/27, with a team option for the 3rd year. Weird deal, but I guess he wants another crack at a bigger deal in a couple years.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hmmm. 3 for 27? Thought he'd get more, but his shenanigans must have turned teams off.
Received an ESPN message stating that he would have signed with Dallas for 2/20 had the Rockets matched Parsons.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like what the Hornets are doing, they lack shooters but they are a physically tough/strong team with a good frontcourt, size, length and now a pretty decent running mate for Walker if Stephenson keeps his head on straight.

I definitely think they could be a top 4 team in the East this year and they probably end up better than the Pacers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I get that New York is a big market and is appealing for that reason. Otherwise I have personally never found the appeal about that area. The weather sucks, everything is way overpriced, the traffic blows and the women aren't nearly as hot as other areas. If I had all the money in the world and had to choose a US City to live in I don't think New York would even rank in my top 10.

D

Deuce

I get that New York is a big market and is appealing for that reason. Otherwise I have personally never found the appeal about that area. The weather sucks, everything is way overpriced, the traffic blows and the women aren't nearly as hot as other areas. If I had all the money in the world and had to choose a US City to live in I don't think New York would even rank in my top 10.
For rural America-Iowa white guy, I get that. To innercity kid who grew up dreaming of playing in the place, it's different.

Top Bottom